Sales Hub Tools

AnnaKellett
Contributor

Call and meeting types - bulk edit?

SOLVE

I recently changed the name of one of the call & meeting types to provide clarity on when to use. It was previously called 'First outreach call' and I've changed it to First outreach call (MQL).

I expected the new label to update all historically logged activities (I changed the existing one rather than delete and create a new one) but it doesn't seem to have done that, which means when I now report on activities over a period of time it shows as 2 separate lines, example below (see lines 2 and 6)

HubSpot 1st outreach.PNGAny suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated (there's no way I'm doing it manually for 1,042 calls!) and I also want to merge 2 of the other options but can't find a way of doing the data cleanse?)

1 Accepted solution
KCampbell
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @AnnaKellett ,

Let's dive right in! To start, I can confirm that updates to Call/Meetings types do not update retroactively. This means that you will need to refer to your previously used tags when referencing historical data. The only way to update these older tags (as you mentioned) would be by manually going back and making the updates. It never hurts to ask though! If you have any further questions on this please let me know!

Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Community Team

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
PNanney
Participant

SOLVE
RobinI
Participant

SOLVE

This lack of feature is sooo annoying... 😥

It makes it very difficult to track your historical data as the meeting types keep on evolving with time.

Is a workaround available (and I don't speak about changing manually thousands of records)? When will it be possible to bulk edit activities as well (something ready to do in SF)?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RobinI 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot but I do understand how it could be useful, I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it; and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
KCampbell
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @AnnaKellett ,

Let's dive right in! To start, I can confirm that updates to Call/Meetings types do not update retroactively. This means that you will need to refer to your previously used tags when referencing historical data. The only way to update these older tags (as you mentioned) would be by manually going back and making the updates. It never hurts to ask though! If you have any further questions on this please let me know!

Kevin Campbell
HubSpot Community Team

JMiller39

SOLVE

@KCampbell any update on this?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JMiller39,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's not possible at this time to bulk edit activities in HubSpot.

I would recommend upvoting this related idea and commenting on it so you're automatically subscribed to any updates made to the idea by our Product Team.

Thank you,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
KMace
Participant

SOLVE

There are workflows you can build to update other properties for these situations. Is there a way to request that updating activity properties become a possibility through a workflow? 

Example: If I change the status options for a ticket pipeline I can create a workflow to update the status for all tickets created previously to match our new options. I can't do the same if I update the call/meeting type options.

SJarra

SOLVE
hi
0 Upvotes
AnnaKellett
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply @KCampbell 

Disappointing, but at least I know it wasn't me just missing how to do it!

Thanks

Anna

0 Upvotes