Sales Hub Tools

Jason_Card

Call From Phone Dropping Calls On Pickup (Google Voice)

I have been using Hubspot and calling using the call from phone option for 4 years and it worked perfectly. Recently there was a major update to the calling features within Hubspot mostly the UI. Ever since that update calling from the phone drops the call as soon as I answer the phone. Call from browser works fine. 

UPDATE: Same issue when I call to my regular cellphone number but I have Google Fi so I think technically my number is still a Google Voice number.

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
AButierres

I am having the same issue as the original post. Call feature immediatly hangs up when hubspot calls my number before connecting to clients

0 Upvotes
CPorter0

Jason

Hpw did you get the google voice installd on hubspot

0 Upvotes
JasonC
Contributor

@CPorter0 There is no install needed. You authorize your google voice phone number as you would with any phone number on the desktop version of Hubspot. For the mobile version of Hubspot the workaround is in the settings of Google Voice there is an option for "Calls started from this device's phone app" set to "Ask each time you make a call".

The only downside is I can't use Google Assistant or Android Auto to place calls anymore since it presents this popup and no way to use voice commands.]

This is the popup you get whenever you make any call with this Google Voice Setting with our without HubSpot

JasonC_0-1618363190390.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Jason_Card, thank you for the information. Do you receive any errors while calling from the browser? Or when calling from the phone do you receive any errors or the call is just instantly drop?  I would like to continue investigating more about it, could you please collect a HAR of when the call is dropping ( step by step here) .

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JasonC
Contributor

@PamCotton I had my old account merged so I can't use that new profile I used to post this error. I have a har file and a video but I don't see a way for me to attach it to you here or in a private message. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JasonC , thank you for providing the video,  I am checking with my team and will let you know more about it once I have an update.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JasonC
Contributor

@PamCotton I have more information. Now confirmed this bug only happens if you are on a HubSpot free account. I recently upgraded one of my accounts to a paid account and all of a sudden calling using Google Voice works flawlessly. I tested on free accounts and it will not work just drops the call. Was this intended by the developers deliberately?

Jason_Card

No errors at all. This on placing call on desktop using and selecting call with phone option. My phone rings but as soon as I swipe the call just drops and in HubSpot it says no errors that the call time was 0:00 in length. I am not at my desk but I will try and do a HAR file for you. You might be able to reproduce this on your end by signing up for a Google Voice phone number and give it a try. I can confirm it does the same thing on a free (personal) Google voice phone number account and also on a paid Google Work Space Goggle Voice phone number that is linked to a cell phone. I have not tried the webbrowser version of Google voice because the browser version of HubSpot works.

0 Upvotes