Sales Hub Tools

swiss-oliver
Contributor | Elite Partner

Calculate deal amount with pricing region factor and currency rates

Hi there,

I have a question re the calculation of the deal amount based on

a) a currency rate and
b) on a 'pricing region factor' defined by the property pricing region.

So basically what I'm looking for is the following:
Sales reps enter an estimated deal amount in the company currency (CHF) and a pricing region.

Example: Deal Amount = 10'000 (CHF)
Pricing Region = Asia

Then, based on the factor of the pricing region (e.g. Asia = x1,5) there is a new amount being calculated.

Example:
Factor for pricing region is x1,5
Deal Amount w factor = 15'000 (CHF)

Then, I need this amount to be transfered into the deal currency based on the pricing region.

Example:

Pricing Region = Asia

Deal Currency = USD

Deal Currency Rate = 0.931

Deal Amount in Deal Currency = 13'965 USD

At the end I should have

'Deal Amount in Deal Currency' = 13'965 USD

'Deal Amount in Company Currency' = 10'000 CHF

I've created a custom property to enter the 'first deal amount in company currency', then the properties for pricing region as well as a workflow to set deal currency based on that property. I've also created five calculated properties to calculate the 'Deal Amount w factor for pricing region X' based on the factors per pricing region.

But I come across the following issue: It seems that automated currency calculation based on the portal currency defaults is only available in 'one direction': FROM the property 'amount (in deal currency)' TO 'amount in company currency'.

What I would need is a calculation FROM 'amount in company currency' TO 'amount in deal currency'.

How can I achieve this? Or do you see an other logic that could be applied in this case?

thx for your thoughts.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@swiss-oliver would adding currencies in your account settings help solve this in a simpler way? 

I was thinking that you'd need to create all the custom properties, then add a calculation property where you factored deal amount in company currency multiplied by the deal currency rate (which could be populated through a workflow where pricing region is the branch logic). 

But then I thought maybe there was a simpler settings answer and remembered that HubSpot has added currencies in settings. 

Just a thought. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
swiss-oliver

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes, indeed we are already using the multi currencies in settings. The issue is that the there used calculations are only one-way, meaning I can fill in a deal amount in the field 'amount' and currency settings will be used to automatically calculate 'amount in company currency'.

But in my use case, I'd need to calculate the 'amount' ('amount in deal currency') based on the 'amount in company currency' which is a reversed calculation. And it seems that this cannot be done using the currency settings.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @swiss-oliver,

Thank you for reaching out!

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @StjepanGrcic@danmoyle,@Edyta7510@NicoleSengers@StefaniUAT  do you have any thoughts or suggestions for @swiss-oliver on this?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
swiss-oliver

Hi Kristen, thank you for tagging the experts!