Bullets not being saved in templates

Bryce
Top Contributor

I put bullets into a template and save it but when I use the template and/or edit the template, the bullets are not there...

• this
  • is
  • annoying
13 Replies 13
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Bryce

• happy
  • to
  • help
  • here

Could you please confirm how you are adding bullets to your templates? E.g. using the bullet feature in the text editor / copying and pasting bullets from a different text editor / or simply typing in '-' or '*'.

Secondly, would be it be possibe for you to share screenshots or even a GIF of the issue?

Lastly, could you please share some links to the templates you are creating? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

Thanks Ro

I use the bullet feature in the text editor.

Now that I checked them this morning, the first two look fine, the third has some bullet points but not others, the fourth has none.

Here's a screen grab of the third one:

Bullet points... some stay, some don'tBullet points... some stay, some don't

How do I send you links to my templates?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

If you can confirm the name of the template I can login to your portal and take a look 🙂

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

"Celebrant added themselves" is the one where some bullet points have saved and some have not.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

Any progress on this?

My emails are still a mess. Even if I fix the bullet points up before sending, the sent email still looks corrupted when I view them in gmail and hubspot

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

Here are some screen recordings of the issue in action. I am using Chrome on a Mac.

Bryce
Top Contributor

Also, numbered lists are the same i.e. don't work properly.

1. They
  2. come
  3. out
  4. weird
  5. when
  6. the
  7. email
  8. is
  9. sent
0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @Bryce, apologies for the delay on this. Our product and supoprt teams hae troubleshooted the issue extensively. 

This is can be result of copying and pasting text from external sources into the templates editor, copying and pasting text from an external source can cause formatting issues. Our engineering team are aware of this template editor issue and are working on a fix. Please be advised however that this is part of a broader timeline to improve the templated editors on the HubSpot platform so at ths time I cannot confirm a fix date - I will however keep you posted.

R.e. the numbering issue, are you working with copied/pasted font? Can you share examples as you have done above?

Thank you!

Bryce
Top Contributor

Thanks. From memory, the email was composed in Hubspot using the Hubspot text formatting. Then, when viewing the sent email in Gmail the numbering formatting was corrupted e.g. only the first item had a number.

0 Upvotes
wdrewett

I'm also having this same issue - mucho frustrating! 

Is there still no solution?

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

@wdrewett wrote:

I'm also having this same issue - mucho frustrating! 

Is there still no solution?

I gave up and have stopped using bullets and numbering. I'm just using "> " for now.

0 Upvotes
neutsler09
Participant

As much as I love a >, has there been any update to the bullets not saving when an email is sent?

0 Upvotes
palves1

Not sure if it is the same issue, but I have bullet images defined for my bullets.

On hubspot email preview it looks perfect.  Sending to my outlook email, the bullets revert to standard bullets, the images are lost - any reason why?

0 Upvotes