Bulk enrolling contacts to a sequence - still painful

Regular Contributor

I have upgraded to sales pro and now have the option to bulk enrol a group of contacts into a sequence. which is great! 

but then when you go to enrol them, you still have to click through every single one and send. this is defeating the purpose for me.. 

any ideas on speeding this up? 

I get the idea we are suppose to personalise each email, but we are B2C and have 40+new contacts a day, i dont have the luxury of personalising everything. 

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @keriestewart could you please share some further details / context r.e. how you are using the Sequences tool. Do you use this tool for sales or marketing purposes?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

hi Roisin

im using it for sales purposes, im a sales manager. we get a large amount of new contacts each week, and i use the sequences tool to follow up with them after initital contact to ensure they have all the info they need and prompt them to get back in touch/ set up further contact (our target market is 18-30yos, they need a fair bit more follow up than older generations). 

hubspot has finally adopted this bulk enrol tool which is great (and should be basic automation), but taken away the whole point of it which would surely be to speed up the workload and be more efficient? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello @keriestewart,

Since you aren't personalizing each email then you could create an email in the marketing section and use a workflow to send the emails out in batch.

If you do need to customize then to some degree then you are kinda out of luck unfortunately.

Hope this helps,

~Nickolas

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

thanks, yes I see I could do that, but sequences stop automatically when a contact replies, which is useful, whereas workflows dont correct?  I also find it incredibly difficult to set up marketing email templates compared to sales email templates. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Great points, didn't consider that stopping a workflow in the same manner as a sequence is very hard to set up right. And yeah setting up a generic email through the marketing tool is a pain.

As MFJLabs mentioned, you can always make a suggestion in the hubspot feature forums here.

~Nickolas

Highlighted
Community Superstar

Removed - Unresponsive

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context -- see Marketing Hub Enterprise 2020.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'm just trying the sales pro trial and was exstatic to finally hit that "enroll in sequence" button after selecting a list of 100 people only to find out they're forcing us again into a mundane queue.... I have to admit I am blown away this has not been resolved yet.  

As a startup company I wear enough hats as it is and I was really hoping that sales pro would eliminate 2-3 hours or more/week of work for me in having enroll each lead into a sequence one by one.  I am not interested in marketing emails - my focus is text-based sales.

When you create a sequence in the settings menu there is an option to make your emails "send at the best time that's proven to have best open rates."  This would make sense if I can rely on it and apply it to a bulk list - if this is an option, then why bother forcing us to "customize" an experience with every contact?  

Furthermore, the "lock" icon that appears over the "Enroll in Sequence" button is misleading for those without sales professional.  It makes us think we can finally.... finally get away from that queue and just click a button and be done with it.

Hubspot, please offer a choice for people to bulk enroll and not have to go through each contact at a time.  Pllleeeeease.

Thank you!

Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

We're planning to update the way bulk enrollment works in Sequences! This is work we are currently prioritizing, so I will be providing updates and looking for feedback on prototypes within this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Enable-mass-enrollment-in-sequences/idi-p/11222

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
This is great that this option is coming to the market. A key reason sequences work though is that they are sent out from your personal inbox rather than from the HubSpot server. This small difference means they are interpreted by your prospect’s mailbox as a 1x1 email and not marketing, so they are about 90% less likely to be scrubbed before being read. Are you going to be able to enable bulk sending from local email clients rather that from HubSpot servers?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Please yes