Sales Hub Tools

ChrisSl
Participant

Booked meetings do not integrate into excisting contacts but create a separate contact

SOLVE

When I manually add a contact and then the person books their first meeting (with the same email address over HubSpot Meetings), it creates a second contact and doesn't add to the existing one.
How can I solve this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Booked meetings do not integrate into excisting contacts but create a separate contact

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisSl,

Generally, if the email address submitted matches an existing contact record in your database, the details on the existing record will be updated.

The email address is the unique identifier and HubSpot shouldn't allow two contact records with the same email address to exist.

Are you sure it's the exact same email address? Could you take screenshots of two of these contact records, pixelate personal data if necessary and post them here?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisSl,

Generally, if the email address submitted matches an existing contact record in your database, the details on the existing record will be updated.

The email address is the unique identifier and HubSpot shouldn't allow two contact records with the same email address to exist.

Are you sure it's the exact same email address? Could you take screenshots of two of these contact records, pixelate personal data if necessary and post them here?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ChrisSl
Participant

SOLVE

Sure. Let me post it as soon as the next one comes in.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes