Block free email providers from Messages

clioi
Top Contributor

Hi,

Just reading through the Messages help article and I was wondering if you could block free email providers from submitting their email before chatting to us?

"Collect visitor's email address: select this option to prompt the visitor to provide their email address before they receive a reply from you. They will then be created as a contact."

Thanks,

Clio

2 Replies 2
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @clioi  At this time, no, but I could see where this might be valuable. Would you not want the chat to proceed if the person had a free email address? or would you want the chat to continue without creating a contact. 

Either way,  can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment? When creating your post, please add the following for context. 

WHO is the feature for?

WHAT product/tool does it improve?

What is the GOAL?

How would this add VALUE?

Do you have any EXAMPLES (other products / diagrams / screenshots)

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
clioi
Top Contributor

Hi @edjusten thanks for getting back to me. That's right, I would not want the chat to proceed if the person had a free email address. We have the same process on our forms too, contacts only receive our collateral if they provide a working business email address. I'll post the idea on the forum. Thanks!