Sales Hub Tools

LMeier61
Participant

Billing frequency and terms on HubSpot Quotes

SOLVE

Our usual billing frequency is annually.

But from time to time we also have customers who wants to use the license for 18 months. 

HubSpot doesn't allow me to save/create quotes with an annual billing frequency and a term not equal to 12 or a multiple of it in month. But the ARR calculation is correct. Why? 

LMeier61_0-1655996785613.png

This is also relevant for existing customers who do an in-year upsell. 

E.g. adding an extra modul for the rest of the contract duration.  (8 month). 

Changing the billing frequency to monthly wouldn't work for us, because the Totals in the quote would be in monthly subtotals and not annual subtotals. 

Any idea? How do you solve it? 

1 Accepted solution
courtney_hickey
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Overall notes - I would recommend working via Line Items on the deal record (adding, updating, etc.), then creating a quote. (Do not recommend creating a quote, then adding or updating line items during the quote creation process.)

First part - HubSpot does not allow for custom billing terms outside of what is in the Billing Frequency drop down. What I have done is switch to Billing Frequency Monthly w/ Term (Months) 18 but add a personalization token of the TCV into the comments section of the quote with formatting to make it extremely noticable (not beautiful but, until HubSpot allows customization on quote total source, the only way I have found). This is tricky because line items on the deal must be updated prior to quote creation for this personalization token to update correctly as changes are made. 

Second part - I would add one line item for a full year of the new module cost (ex: $12) w/ Billing Frequency Annually and one line item for a one-time discount given in this particular year (ex: $4) w/ Billing Frequency One-Time. This will make the quote total equal to what the customer needs to pay ($8) to add the module this year, but ensure ARR is correct for future years. (Important not to add discounts and fees on the quote creation page because they will not calculate into Revenue Field updates on the deal record).

Falls ich weiter erklaeren kann, lass mich bitte wissen! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
LMeier61
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @courtney_hickey

Thanks for your reply. This is helpful. 

I'll try it now. 

Could you share an example on how the TCV looks like in your comments section? 😊
Thanks,
laura

0 Upvotes
courtney_hickey
Contributor

SOLVE

I call TCV "Full Contract Total" to avoid confusion that there is a value which is different from a price. (Often times in marketing we see ex: $50 value at the cost of $30 etc.)

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.56.48 PM.png

0 Upvotes
courtney_hickey
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Overall notes - I would recommend working via Line Items on the deal record (adding, updating, etc.), then creating a quote. (Do not recommend creating a quote, then adding or updating line items during the quote creation process.)

First part - HubSpot does not allow for custom billing terms outside of what is in the Billing Frequency drop down. What I have done is switch to Billing Frequency Monthly w/ Term (Months) 18 but add a personalization token of the TCV into the comments section of the quote with formatting to make it extremely noticable (not beautiful but, until HubSpot allows customization on quote total source, the only way I have found). This is tricky because line items on the deal must be updated prior to quote creation for this personalization token to update correctly as changes are made. 

Second part - I would add one line item for a full year of the new module cost (ex: $12) w/ Billing Frequency Annually and one line item for a one-time discount given in this particular year (ex: $4) w/ Billing Frequency One-Time. This will make the quote total equal to what the customer needs to pay ($8) to add the module this year, but ensure ARR is correct for future years. (Important not to add discounts and fees on the quote creation page because they will not calculate into Revenue Field updates on the deal record).

Falls ich weiter erklaeren kann, lass mich bitte wissen! 🙂

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LMeier61,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Adding a couple of Quote-pros to the conversation to see if they have any advice: 

hi @eliot_martin@courtney_hickey@himanshurauthan, do you have any tips for @LMeier61? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes