Sales Hub Tools

kenyonates

Better Optimize Chat Flow

Hi Community, 

I'm hoping to lean on you helpful folks for some further insight on the chat flow we have for our tenant screening website, Rentspree.  We’ve always had a pretty formal/traditional flow, starting with "How can I help you today." 

My question is if anyone is seeing the overall engagement with the feature improve if you start a little less formal? 

Maybe with something more like "Hiya! I’m here to help, let me know if there’s anything on your mind as you look at our website."

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
EmmaWashington
Top Contributor

Hi @kenyonates! I think engagement rates with more relaxed language all depends on your audience.

If you target audience is younger, mostly US-based, or from more "hip" industries like the arts, then for sure "Hiya! I'm here to help" could very well go over better. But if you audience is older, more straight laced (think doctor, lawyer, business person), or from a larger geographic area, relaxed language and slang could be a turn off, or not translate clearly.

So there's no right or wrong answer I don't think, and what has failed for one company may work great for yours. Also, what has your engagement rates told you thus far? Low clicks, lots of dropped chats? Then why not spruce up your copy and give it another try!

Emma

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @kenyonates,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @EmmaWashington @joshua-paul @MatthewShepherd, would you be able to share your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !