HubSpot Ideas

jmoss

Using workflows to autocreate quotes

I would like to be able to use a form submission to auto-generate a quote. It's currently possible to use a workflow to create a deal, but I'd like to be able to go a step further and have the workflow create a deal and quote simultaneously.

117 Replies
EricaD
Participant

Hi,

Any updates on this? We also need a way to let customers pick product via forms and then the workflow emails the quote based on what's selected. Hoping there's something coming soon!

CDevine5
Participant

So this was in planning and then nothing? This would be beneficial. Also there are other ideas on the idea page with 3 times the upvotes than this one with no movement. 

T_Walstra
Member | Elite Partner

We also need this, it would really help us out.

AHatcher6

We really could do with this feature, It would be super helpful and save bags of time and worry.

_BF_
Participant

Yes please!!!

richardwalsh
Participant | Platinum Partner

yes please. Without this, the quotes workflows options are quite limited.

MWilliams3
Contributor

Can anybody give me some ideas about the workarounds they've been using? As a former Infusionsoft user, I'd stupidly just assumed this was possible in something a expensive as hubspot. I might have to try and get out of the subscription, but if anyone is able to share some of their workarounds. I need to generate hundreds of quotes on a monthly basis of the same type (exactly the same). There is zero chance I'm going to do it manually. 

KoNickNZ

two years since first post, any news on this feature. For us we would like

1. Move deal to a stage

2. Workflow triggers to create quote (already templated)

3. Send quote via email to contact

Hub2

+1

TracyG
Contributor | Elite Partner

@ethankopit I'd want the quote to go to the primary contact on the deal, at least in the way that one of my clients is hoping to use this. I'm happy to hop on a call to discuss. Even if there were a quotes API so we could build our own solution (which isn't my preference, but would be better than nothing.)

SPownall
Participant

A bit late to this and hopefully it is still in planning. I encountered this issue recently. We sell a 2-day course and have a registration form on our webpage. The very last property of the form is a drop-down box where the customer can select either 'Pay by Card' or 'Pay by Invoice'.

I have a workflow that uses if/then to pick a path. At present, 'pay by Invoice' notifies the contact owner and the finance team so that they can create and send an invoice. 'Pay by Card' does the same thing and the contact owner manually creates a quote in HubSpot (integrated with Stripe) and emails it to the customer.

Ideally, at the workflow path were customer selects 'Pay by Card'. HubSpot would automatically generate the quote and email it to the contact.  The other option would be to have the workflow path open a URL which is the Stripe checkout.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). But, it's still top of mind for us. We've done a the foundational groundwork to make it possible (i.e. you can now create Quotes safely using the API). But, we need to prioritize adding it into Workflows as a separate project. I'll update this thread again in October (i.e. Q4) to let you know where things stand.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

TracyG

@ethankopit the addition of the API is progress at least! Thank you.

APretz

+1

Yes please!

ElBr
Participant

Are there any updates on this? We need this! Would be super efficient to pull the property values in to a customised quote and auto send when a deal reaches a stage! 

MWilliams3
Contributor

Sat here spending hours generating quotes but paying thousands £ £ £ £ for CRM software, I'm depressed, so thought I'd come on this thread and take it out on you! 🤣

haggie01
Participant | Elite Partner
I cannot understand why the Hubspot CRM quotes software cannot auto create an invoice from within Hubspot either let alone export into Xero and create New products if not exist in Xero.

Come on guys get this sorted it’s holding my clients back.
TracyG

@haggie01 makes another valid point. Right now the line items/products have to exist in Quickbooks in order to convert a quote into an invoice, which adds even more complication trying to tie quotes to their accounting software.

omidiazcooper
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Agree, this would solve for a lot!

SBell49

@ethankopit We would love to have this ability to automate quote creation. Are you close to bringing this out? Thanks!