Any way to change Token capitalization?

New Contributor

For example if I'm using a "Job Title" Token in the middle of a paragraph in the body of an email, and the contacts title is "Recruiter," is there any way to change it to "recruiter?"

8 Replies 8
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @plitvin  At this time, there is not a way to change the capitalization of a token on the fly. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

There is a guy who came up with a script to capitalize contact names if submitted in lower case that I thought I'd share but I too am looking for a way to capitalize/uncapitalize preset and user-created tokens.

http://hubhacker.com/automatically-capitalize-hubspot-contact-name-fields/

Ideally it would be great if it could be as simple as changing {{contact.firstname}} while editing an email to {{contact.{capitalize}firstname}} for script noobs like myself.

It seems extremely counterintuitive to have to choose between lower case or capitalized text tokens, especially when using them in subject lines vs main content.

e.g. 3 Ways _____ Businesses Can Benefit From Software, ...Software is extremely beneficial to ____ businesses.
(Whale Watching or whale watching)

New Contributor

I would be emotionally moved if 'Company' could always start with a capital letter. 

Top Contributor

All the posts to this idea make total sense and would be a tremendous help if this process could be implemented.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Would be great if HubSpot added this feature. It often looks unprofessional when I receive email communication from a company that isn't using proper case.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

Hi - 

Check this post out - should be able to assist

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Text-Transform-hack-for-all-caps-to-proper-cas...

Alternative solution is to export your data and make corrections via excel and report. Not the most efficient but another option.

New Contributor

Would be great to have the ability to toggle capitalization. If I'm using a property value that isn't a proper noun, I want it to be capitalized on their profile and if I'm using it at the beginning of a sentence, but not if it is being used in the middle of one. 

Agree with this. Feel like I'm a slave to a style as opposed to correct grammar and typography. Why can't the user decide what should (or shouldn't) be capitalised?

0 Upvotes