Sales Hub Tools

JRoy3

Analysis Tool Limited Features

SOLVE

There appears to be a lot of data in my hubspot database, but there is not much utility to this information (Unfortunately). I can not seem to make even basic tables that would give me insight into my sales. All I am looking for is a table that lists: The job ID, Customer ID, $ amount, and wether it was won/lost. It would take 5 seconds in excel with a pivot table but it impossible in HubSpot, any advice?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @JRoy3, it sounds like you're looking to report on your sales pipeline in HubSpot. HubSPot reporting can be challenging, but it is super powerful (as long as your data is maintained properly). HubSpot also has a great knowledge base on dashboards/reports that could be helpful.

HubSpot has a bunch of report templates that you should try out. If you head to a dashboard and click Create report, you'll be able to see the templates and filter them by type (there are 38 reports for deals):

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.48.58 AM.png

There are plenty of reports on your pipeline that will show open deals, closed deals, deals by rep, etc. You can then add filters to those reports to change the timeframe, deal owner, deal source, etc. 

If you have a Pro subscription, you can build custom reports and really get fancy about customizing columns, reporting across custom properties, and reporting across multiple object types (like contacts and deals). 

Worst-case scenario, if you're able to export the data you need from HubSpot, you can import that into the reporting tool of your choosing and create the needed reporting there. There's usually a way to get at least close to what you're after within HubSpot though!

Hopefully this helps — let me know if you have any other questions about getting your dashboards set up.

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRoy3. I want to echo what @jolle says. The data in HubSpot is available in reports, analytics tools, within most tools, and yes you technically can export it. 

In HubSpot reports, you can see standard (or create) all kinds of dynamic reports where the data can be visualized in tables, pivot tables, graphs... tons of reporting options. Unlike other CRMs, HubSpot reports are truly reports and not just lists or spreadsheets. 

If you're interested, we put together an on-demand course (completely free) on understanding HubSpot Reports. It may help uncover what reports can do for you. Or you can find tons of resources in HubSpot Academy, too. Cheers! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JRoy3. I want to echo what @jolle says. The data in HubSpot is available in reports, analytics tools, within most tools, and yes you technically can export it. 

In HubSpot reports, you can see standard (or create) all kinds of dynamic reports where the data can be visualized in tables, pivot tables, graphs... tons of reporting options. Unlike other CRMs, HubSpot reports are truly reports and not just lists or spreadsheets. 

If you're interested, we put together an on-demand course (completely free) on understanding HubSpot Reports. It may help uncover what reports can do for you. Or you can find tons of resources in HubSpot Academy, too. Cheers! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @JRoy3, it sounds like you're looking to report on your sales pipeline in HubSpot. HubSPot reporting can be challenging, but it is super powerful (as long as your data is maintained properly). HubSpot also has a great knowledge base on dashboards/reports that could be helpful.

HubSpot has a bunch of report templates that you should try out. If you head to a dashboard and click Create report, you'll be able to see the templates and filter them by type (there are 38 reports for deals):

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.48.58 AM.png

There are plenty of reports on your pipeline that will show open deals, closed deals, deals by rep, etc. You can then add filters to those reports to change the timeframe, deal owner, deal source, etc. 

If you have a Pro subscription, you can build custom reports and really get fancy about customizing columns, reporting across custom properties, and reporting across multiple object types (like contacts and deals). 

Worst-case scenario, if you're able to export the data you need from HubSpot, you can import that into the reporting tool of your choosing and create the needed reporting there. There's usually a way to get at least close to what you're after within HubSpot though!

Hopefully this helps — let me know if you have any other questions about getting your dashboards set up.

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature