Sales Hub Tools

JBuck73
Participant

Almost simultaneous clicks at same company

SOLVE

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has seen this and what it may or may not mean. Manager sends sales email to a few hundred individuals at many companies. Click report is showing multiple individuals at the same company (different emails) clicked the email link all around the same time. I mean like 20 people. Which doesn't seem to make sense? I can't find an explanation. Let me know if you've seen this before.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JBuck73,

Some companies have frameworks in place which check incoming emails for potential security risks. This is especially the case in data sensitive industries like finance or health. Filters might check incoming emails, the contained images, links and what's behind those links. To a HubSpot tracking link, this check is indistinguishable from a human click. I assume that's what's happening here.

More on sales email open and click tracking here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/understand-hubspot-sales-email-open-and-click-tracking

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JBuck73,

Some companies have frameworks in place which check incoming emails for potential security risks. This is especially the case in data sensitive industries like finance or health. Filters might check incoming emails, the contained images, links and what's behind those links. To a HubSpot tracking link, this check is indistinguishable from a human click. I assume that's what's happening here.

More on sales email open and click tracking here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/understand-hubspot-sales-email-open-and-click-tracking

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ZPenang

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, that answers it for me as well. For a second there I thought I was getting scary good at cold emailing.

JBuck73
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, that makes perfect sense! I mean I don't like it because it's more difficult to get actual click rates but not much I can do...