Sales Hub Tools

enablix
Participant

Adding documents programmatically to HubSpot Sales

SOLVE

We are using a modern Sales Portal technology that already integrates with HubSpot to show relevant content in Contacts, Deals and Company objects. But in order to take further advantage of Document tracking feature in HubSpot, we want some of the content on this portal to be available in HubSpot. Obviously, we do not want to upload the document in two places. Is there a way to upload documents in HubSpot through an API? We see that there is a Files API but that is only for the HubSpot Marketing product. We are interested in pushing content to the HubSpot Sales Documents section. Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @enablix thanks for your post. You're correct that at this time the only API we provide for files is limited to the Marketing tool. I'd recommend heading to our ideas forum to share your product request! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @enablix thanks for your post. You're correct that at this time the only API we provide for files is limited to the Marketing tool. I'd recommend heading to our ideas forum to share your product request! 

0 Upvotes
daniel_voiss
Contributor

SOLVE

I have found that most API's that tie into pulling data for business or sales intelligence as well as for connecting company-wide processes into HubSpot as a sales CRM (which is what it is best used for in my experienced opinion) are hidden behind an irrelevant paywall of your "Marketing Professional" product.

I find this to be a huge concern and scare when it comes to completely adopting the platform for anything more than a sale CRM. Even the sales workflows are limited if you are using the marketing product. I feel like a solution that focuses on integrations and advertises its upper hand doing so, should be more considerate of sales processes and organizational approaches to the toolset you provide.

The scare is that when things don't consistently work (as with my experience) or have problems like the recent backlogs and system failures, or when HubSpot deems a move beneficial or detrimental for their own company, that decisions and changes, or lack thereof, will cause negative disruptions for businesses betting on the trust and money spent (you guys are NOT cheap) to believe that HubSpot has their best interests and will do what is best for their user base and overall quality of their platform.