Sales Hub Tools

futurist-labs
参加者

Add parameters to meetings link

解決

Hi,

I'm loading a meeting link inside a WebView in my mobile applications as a step of registration process.

Since the app knows user's email and names, is it possible to pass them to the meeting link as url params and be prepopulated on first load?

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
jackcoldrick
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @futurist-labs,

I've done some testing with this in the past and providing you include the appropriate parameters the meeting form will prepopulate accordingly. 

Let me know if you've any questions.

Best,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

元の投稿で解決策を見る

jackcoldrick
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @jareksk,

If you navigate to the property within the settings of your portal you should be able to view the "internal name" of the property. More information on this can be found here. I can't say for certain but if you've a property called "My question" the internal name is likely to be "my_question". See an example of a custom property I created in my portal:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.49.01 PM.png

You therefore would include the internal name of the property in the query string of the URL. In this instance "?my_question=XYZ". 

You can see it in action by clicking the link below - I've setup an example form:

In the above you will see "my_question" is included as a parameter and the value you wish to insert into the field is included. You will notice the presence of "%20" this is indicative of a space in their question. URLs cannot contain spaces but of course a question someone asks will! So you represent those spaces using "%20". It's a concept known as URL Encoding.

Hope this helps!

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn

元の投稿で解決策を見る

10件の返信
jackcoldrick
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @jareksk,

If you navigate to the property within the settings of your portal you should be able to view the "internal name" of the property. More information on this can be found here. I can't say for certain but if you've a property called "My question" the internal name is likely to be "my_question". See an example of a custom property I created in my portal:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.49.01 PM.png

You therefore would include the internal name of the property in the query string of the URL. In this instance "?my_question=XYZ". 

You can see it in action by clicking the link below - I've setup an example form:

In the above you will see "my_question" is included as a parameter and the value you wish to insert into the field is included. You will notice the presence of "%20" this is indicative of a space in their question. URLs cannot contain spaces but of course a question someone asks will! So you represent those spaces using "%20". It's a concept known as URL Encoding.

Hope this helps!

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
AAmann
参加者

解決

Hey Jack. If I have the meeting link embedded on a website how do I pass the email to the URL that was entered when the person hits "Confirm"

I would like to see the email they used on the Thank You Page I am sending them to. 

So step 1: Fill out embedded form on website
Step 2: press confirm

Step 3: See the email in the URL on www.site.com/thank-you?email=xxxxxx

0 いいね!
jareksk
参加者

解決

@jackcoldrick thanks for your help 🙂

In my case what worked was to escape space in url parameter name:

https://meetings.hubspot.com/test_link?My%20question=42

jackcoldrick
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @futurist-labs,

I've done some testing with this in the past and providing you include the appropriate parameters the meeting form will prepopulate accordingly. 

Let me know if you've any questions.

Best,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
TPlaquet
メンバー

解決

Hey, your link doesn't go anymore to your example... 

0 いいね!
jareksk
参加者

解決

Hi @jackcoldrick ,

I am trying to pre-populate field for a custom question. Email, first/last name and phone all work fine - but not the custom field. How should I convert field name with a space in it to url param? ie. what "My question" would be in url params?

Thanks in advance!

Jarek

0 いいね!
futurist-labs
参加者

解決

Hi Jack,

Your link works, when I tried with my test link though it doesn't

On my side I had to remove the param embed=true&

https://meetings.hubspot.com/test_link?email=futuristlabs@hubspotapi.com&firstname=Futurist&lastname...

0 いいね!
alamo
参加者

解決

Any param that can be used to pre-fill meeting duration?

0 いいね!
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @alamo,

No there is not. From a usability standpoint the reason for this is that the duration is dependent on your own calendars availability and the idea is that the individual can choose a time. If we were able to pre-fill then this could cause complications whereby you might get double booked etc.

From a technical perspective the duration screen doesn't use input fields but rather button elements which cannot be prefilled. It has to be interacted with via a click from a user. This is not a HubSpot limitation but how the HTML button element is designed to work.

From Moz:

"The HTML <button> element represents a clickable button, used to submit forms or anywhere in a document for accessible, standard button functionality."

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 いいね!
futurist-labs
参加者

解決

Perfect , thanks

0 いいね!