Sales Hub Tools

vertical

Add attendees to meeting, not to include customer

SOLVE

I want to put a meeting in but not send a copy to the customer, I cannot find a way to delete this. It automaticlly put in the customers email.

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @vertical this is currently how the Meetings tool is designed to work. When you add a contact record to a scheduled HubSpot meeting they will be notified. Could you provide some further detail as to why you do not want the customer to be notified?

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
EStuart
Participant

SOLVE

@roisinkirby can you clarify whether comments posted to a meeting get shared with a customer who is a meeting attendee, whether they are added prior to the meeting taking place or after? 
If this is the case, the reason why I don't want the customer notified is that they are our internal meeting notes. If I can't put them there, for internal review, then I will log a separate meeting with 0 attendees, or add a note. Both of these alternate solutions muddy up the record. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EStuart 

Thank you for reaching out. This is now possible with the new Team Notes section in the meeting activity that won't be sent to attendees, you have more information here

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi,

Commenting for a customer here.

When a calendar is connected, setting up an email with a contact automatically send the request to both customer and user. I find this setting to be extremely rigid since customers may sometimes find this to be a nuisance. 

Hoping to have the functionality to turn this setting on/ off, whether we wish to send the calendar request to the customer as well, or just the user. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
C2B
Participant

SOLVE

I have also been playing around with meetings in Hubspot and find it odd that the default meeting screen includes all attendees and I have to deselect the ones that I don't want to attend. Can it be revresed? I would rather start scheduling a meeting with no attenddess then add the ones the meeting was intended for. Does anyone have a work around?

0 Upvotes
LemurStudio
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem here. Functionality of HubSpot connected with GC is awesome, but lack of possibility to remove an attendee is disappointing a bit. Anyone have some idea?

roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @vertical this is currently how the Meetings tool is designed to work. When you add a contact record to a scheduled HubSpot meeting they will be notified. Could you provide some further detail as to why you do not want the customer to be notified?

MegHUBSpotter
Participant

SOLVE

has this been addressed to be optional whether to send invite notification to client or note?

StefanNordbruch
Participant

SOLVE

Has this issue been addressed? I cannot fathom why meetings notes in my internal tool would be by default shared with my client / prospect, let alone how I can't even prevent that from happening. If I want to follow up with the client, I will follow up with them, including deliverables, timelines etc. But not from Hubspot. 

But I do want to record that a) I had said meeting and with whom and b) what was said in the meeting. 

Any solution to this would be much appreciated. 

davez5
Participant

SOLVE

If I don't want to spam the contact, I've already set up the meeting with them out of band, it's not helpful. 

Question - if I add a contact to a meeting, does it then spam all the existing attendees with an update? That would be very bad as well. 

matt-k

SOLVE

Hey, I'm new to HubSpot and this was incredibly surprising to me. I could not believe that the client must be included for notes on a meeting.

If you could change this, it would be very useful, until then, I will not be logging meetings in this manner.

sjh
Participant

SOLVE

I'd also like to be able to opt out of sending a client a notification when I schedule a meeting. Meetings are sometimes for business development or other long-term strategic goals and it is helpful to have a scheduled meeting on the records in HubSpot, a notification sent to the Google calendar of teammates who are attending, and talking points logged privately.

Bulldzr

SOLVE

I am having the same issue. To answer your question @roisinkirby, I would like to control all communications with my customers, including brand, etc. If I allow the system to send the email, I have not control over what is being sent to my customer. So, sometimes I might like to use this system for appt confirmation, etc and then other times I might like to do this manually.

Is there a way to not add an attendee?

paoloted
Participant

SOLVE

Same issue here. 

Why should MY notes shared outside my organization?

Crazy