Add attendees to meeting, not to include customer

SOLVE
Highlighted

I want to put a meeting in but not send a copy to the customer, I cannot find a way to delete this. It automaticlly put in the customers email.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hey @vertical this is currently how the Meetings tool is designed to work. When you add a contact record to a scheduled HubSpot meeting they will be notified. Could you provide some further detail as to why you do not want the customer to be notified?

9 Replies 9
Community Manager

Hey @vertical this is currently how the Meetings tool is designed to work. When you add a contact record to a scheduled HubSpot meeting they will be notified. Could you provide some further detail as to why you do not want the customer to be notified?

I am having the same issue. To answer your question @roisinkirby, I would like to control all communications with my customers, including brand, etc. If I allow the system to send the email, I have not control over what is being sent to my customer. So, sometimes I might like to use this system for appt confirmation, etc and then other times I might like to do this manually.

Is there a way to not add an attendee?

Same issue here. 

Why should MY notes shared outside my organization?

Crazy

0 Upvotes
sjh
New Contributor

I'd also like to be able to opt out of sending a client a notification when I schedule a meeting. Meetings are sometimes for business development or other long-term strategic goals and it is helpful to have a scheduled meeting on the records in HubSpot, a notification sent to the Google calendar of teammates who are attending, and talking points logged privately.

Hey, I'm new to HubSpot and this was incredibly surprising to me. I could not believe that the client must be included for notes on a meeting.

If you could change this, it would be very useful, until then, I will not be logging meetings in this manner.

New Contributor

If I don't want to spam the contact, I've already set up the meeting with them out of band, it's not helpful. 

Question - if I add a contact to a meeting, does it then spam all the existing attendees with an update? That would be very bad as well. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Has this issue been addressed? I cannot fathom why meetings notes in my internal tool would be by default shared with my client / prospect, let alone how I can't even prevent that from happening. If I want to follow up with the client, I will follow up with them, including deliverables, timelines etc. But not from Hubspot. 

But I do want to record that a) I had said meeting and with whom and b) what was said in the meeting. 

Any solution to this would be much appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Same problem here. Functionality of HubSpot connected with GC is awesome, but lack of possibility to remove an attendee is disappointing a bit. Anyone have some idea?

C2B
Visitor

I have also been playing around with meetings in Hubspot and find it odd that the default meeting screen includes all attendees and I have to deselect the ones that I don't want to attend. Can it be revresed? I would rather start scheduling a meeting with no attenddess then add the ones the meeting was intended for. Does anyone have a work around?

0 Upvotes