Add attendees to meeting, not to include customer

SOLVE
Highlighted

I want to put a meeting in but not send a copy to the customer, I cannot find a way to delete this. It automaticlly put in the customers email.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hey @vertical this is currently how the Meetings tool is designed to work. When you add a contact record to a scheduled HubSpot meeting they will be notified. Could you provide some further detail as to why you do not want the customer to be notified?

5 Replies
Community Manager

Hey @vertical this is currently how the Meetings tool is designed to work. When you add a contact record to a scheduled HubSpot meeting they will be notified. Could you provide some further detail as to why you do not want the customer to be notified?

I am having the same issue. To answer your question @roisinkirby, I would like to control all communications with my customers, including brand, etc. If I allow the system to send the email, I have not control over what is being sent to my customer. So, sometimes I might like to use this system for appt confirmation, etc and then other times I might like to do this manually.

Is there a way to not add an attendee?

sjh
New Contributor

I'd also like to be able to opt out of sending a client a notification when I schedule a meeting. Meetings are sometimes for business development or other long-term strategic goals and it is helpful to have a scheduled meeting on the records in HubSpot, a notification sent to the Google calendar of teammates who are attending, and talking points logged privately.

New Contributor

Same problem here. Functionality of HubSpot connected with GC is awesome, but lack of possibility to remove an attendee is disappointing a bit. Anyone have some idea?

C2B
Visitor

I have also been playing around with meetings in Hubspot and find it odd that the default meeting screen includes all attendees and I have to deselect the ones that I don't want to attend. Can it be revresed? I would rather start scheduling a meeting with no attenddess then add the ones the meeting was intended for. Does anyone have a work around?

0 Upvotes