Sales Hub Tools

JoKo

Add UTM tracking to meeting links

SOLVE

Add UTM tracking to a calendar link, so the user sees which campaigns or pages yield the most meetings.

Calendly has that feature: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/223195428-Tracking-and-reporting

1 Accepted solution
Bruno_Teixeira
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Ok I see. One suggestion, why don't you try to get the contact's information through a form that will be inside a landing page ? Using this you can add the utms to your page url. And when the form submission is made you can redirect this contact to your meeting link so he can book a meeting. But at this point you will already have his data and where he came from.

Another solution would be put the meeting link embed in a Landing page, you can do this by adding a Rich text module to your page and putting this code inside : 

<!-- Start of Meetings Embed Script -->
<div class="meetings-iframe-container" data-src="https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/your-meeting-link-here?&amp;firstName={{contact.firstname}}&amp;las...>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://static.hsappstatic.net/MeetingsEmbed/ex/MeetingsEmbedCode.js"></script>
<!-- End of Meetings Embed Script -->

Using this, you would also be also to put utms on your page and track them. But honestly I think the first solution is better.

Hope this can help.

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
RG2
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @JoKo , did you figure out if it's possible to add UTMs to hidden custom fields in the meetings link? I'm also trying to attribute specific URLs from webflow via the CMS fill of the url and utm parameters, but I don't see the option on the Sales starter. Might have to switch over to Calendly as well. 

Gmoore-Valmark
Participant

SOLVE

It looks like this works now by just putting the UTM parameters at the end of the meeting link.

https://meetings.hubspot.com/myname?utm_campaign=CampaignA

0 Upvotes
VCNguyen
Participant

SOLVE

But what would happen if the meeting link is framed into a web page?

Bruno_Teixeira

SOLVE

Hello Joko,

I am not sure I understood well your point. Actually you only would like to share this article with the community or do you have doubts concerning the UTM tracking for meeting links ?

By the way, why don't you try using the Hubspot meeting links that is completely integrated with the Hubspot platform instead of using calendly ? You can create your Meeting link by going to Sales -> Meetings -> Create meeting link

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us
0 Upvotes
JoKo

SOLVE

Bruno, I am using the "meetings" feature, but our company now needs to be able to track WHERE the people that book the meetings are coming from. We are landing pages, email campaigns and online ads that all link to this same meeting link in Hubspot. We need to be able to add different UTM codes on each link, and then in Hubspot see which campaigns that the meetings come from.

To explain what I mean, I added the calendly functionality, they have this feature already. I dont' want to switch to calendly, that's why I'm posting this here.

Bruno_Teixeira
Solution

SOLVE

Ok I see. One suggestion, why don't you try to get the contact's information through a form that will be inside a landing page ? Using this you can add the utms to your page url. And when the form submission is made you can redirect this contact to your meeting link so he can book a meeting. But at this point you will already have his data and where he came from.

Another solution would be put the meeting link embed in a Landing page, you can do this by adding a Rich text module to your page and putting this code inside : 

<!-- Start of Meetings Embed Script -->
<div class="meetings-iframe-container" data-src="https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/your-meeting-link-here?&amp;firstName={{contact.firstname}}&amp;las...>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://static.hsappstatic.net/MeetingsEmbed/ex/MeetingsEmbedCode.js"></script>
<!-- End of Meetings Embed Script -->

Using this, you would also be also to put utms on your page and track them. But honestly I think the first solution is better.

Hope this can help.

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us
HKahn
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I tried the first option but then the meeting link form didn't pre-populate the fields (that were filled out in the initial form) so that the user has to fill out the same details twice. Any way to get around this?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HKahn,

Thanks for reaching out!

This thread is 2 years old and may not have full visibility among our Community Members.

To ensure that your question is seen by our community members, I would encourage you to create a new post on the Community.

Please make sure to include a full description of the issue you are running into or your goal and any pertinent screenshots in the new post for the Community to better assist with the next steps. You can also include a link to this community post in your new post for additional context 🙂 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
JoKo

SOLVE

Thanks for the ideas.

Unfortunately neither is feasible. We use that link also in emails, Facebook Ad buttons, etc.. where we neither can embed any additional code, nor integrate a form. It would really have to be a UTM code, or something else that is identifiable in the URL but not really noticable for a standard user. Because at the same time, I don't want to have some kind of field in my form "How did you find us" or something ugly like that by using a prepopulated answer.

Nevertheless, thank you.