Sales Hub Tools

DMarcko
Teilnehmer/-in

1 deal but 2 Win stages - what to do in Deals

lösung

HI, We sell a tech software solution and logg this as a deal. However, It often becomes a two part deal as we end up selling a Pre-Study and then make the bigger deal upon delivering the pre-study results.

Option: Register 2 Deals in the pipe at the same time. 1 = Pre-Study and 2 = the big one. This gives us data on how long a big deal takes to close as the pre-study is an actual part of the selling process of the big one.

The other option could be having only one deal but with 2 products being closed at 2 different times - if even doable?

What is the best way to do this??

//Daniel

0 Upvotes
2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
Dan1
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in

lösung

Hi @DMarcko , 

Great question!! At my last software company we had a similar setup where we had a trial period which wasn't the full product, then based on the success of the trial it would convert into the larger deal.  We decided to go with the first option you suggested (2 deals).For a few of reasons: 

- We found it easier to calculate the true sales cycle length 

- Easier to calculate close rate percentage on trials and full deals 

- When the trial deals closed, we set up a smooth hand off with our onboarding team to get engaged. Having them as additional deals helped for this. 

I hope this helps, 

Kind Regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

kelseygalarza
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

lösung

Totally doable if you have Sales Pro.  You might consider having a certain kind of deal type that would result in the pre-study deal (as maybe not all do?) 

You may also consider if the pre-deals should be in their own pipeline if they are managed quite differently.

kelseygalarza_0-1601489586420.png

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten
Dan1
Lösung
Ratgeber/-in

lösung

Hi @DMarcko , 

Great question!! At my last software company we had a similar setup where we had a trial period which wasn't the full product, then based on the success of the trial it would convert into the larger deal.  We decided to go with the first option you suggested (2 deals).For a few of reasons: 

- We found it easier to calculate the true sales cycle length 

- Easier to calculate close rate percentage on trials and full deals 

- When the trial deals closed, we set up a smooth hand off with our onboarding team to get engaged. Having them as additional deals helped for this. 

I hope this helps, 

Kind Regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

DMarcko
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Dan, OK so we set up option 1 (2 deals) but it is cumbersome. It would help with an automated duplicate creator (which we may set up) but I can't help but wondering if there isn't a better way with the same benefits (track sales cycle length etc).

@PamCotton is there any way of closing a partial sale in one Deal and then still having it open?

//Daniel

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @DMarcko 

You are able to add a custom deal stage "partial closed" and not set to be closed  ( more information here).

Kindly,

Pam

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DMarcko
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks @PamCotton 

However - How would you suggest handling the % of stages? 

Also, would you recommend using products here? Say Pre-Study being one (and that'd be the product sold) in this Deal Stage and then Enterprise Sale as another sold when "Sold Won" ? I just don't see how we can track the actual SALE of the Pre-Study...

//Daniel

0 Upvotes
DMarcko
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Great - points me in the right direction - thanks!

Now, how about adding a new Deal and automatically having the Pre-Study Deal created (as a automation or such).

Doable??

0 Upvotes
kelseygalarza
Lösung

lösung

Totally doable if you have Sales Pro.  You might consider having a certain kind of deal type that would result in the pre-study deal (as maybe not all do?) 

You may also consider if the pre-deals should be in their own pipeline if they are managed quite differently.

kelseygalarza_0-1601489586420.png

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @DMarcko 

Great way to start a conversation! I will be tagging some top experts on this post, hey  @Dan1@DAnaGuiloff@StefaniUAT, could you share your thoughts on @DMarcko question.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes