Sales Hub Onboarding

CAttwood

how to use Sales Hub

SOLVE

Hi,

I’m relatively new to Hubspot and CRM and am seeking some help.

I have a basic product set that is purchased either by Invoice or directly from our website using Stripe as the payment mechanism. 95% of purchases are via the website. Most are B2B and some are B2C.

How does Hubspot know when an opportunity/deal is closed won or closed Lost? I assume that requires a manual update?

Also if I’m reporting on opportunities how does Hubspot track new opportunities from customers who have gone to our website from google?

Am I right in thinking that Hubspot should be used for forcasting but actual sales should be reported elsewhere?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JonathanS
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

how to use Sales Hub

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @DianaGomez 😁

@CAttwood There are some variables here that greatly affect how this is setup. @franksteiner79 has some great questions that would help us give better advice but I went ahead and answered some of your Q's the best I could!

• "How does Hubspot know when an opportunity/deal is closed won or closed Lost? I assume that requires a manual update?"
    • Out of the box you will need to manually update the deal stage. However if you have access to Workflows and the Set Property Value workflow action then you can setup an automation to close won/lost the deal when a certain event happens. 
  • "Also if I’m reporting on opportunities how does Hubspot track new opportunities from customers who have gone to our website from google?"
  • Am I right in thinking that Hubspot should be used for forcasting but actual sales should be reported elsewhere?
    • If you have Sales Hub Pro or Service Hub Pro then you have access to HubSpots Deal Forecasting tools.
    • For reporting on actual sales, this is possible but you will likely need to install a integration/app that connects your Payment Software to HubSpot. For example, if you use Stripe you can utilize our app, Zaybra, to sync information betweem Stripe and HubSpot. This allows you to create realtime revenue reports, power workflows based on payment information, etc. I would reccomend searching through the HubSpot App Marketplace to see if there is an integration for your software!

Let me know if you have more questions here! 

Cheers 😄

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JonathanS
Solution

how to use Sales Hub

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @DianaGomez 😁

@CAttwood There are some variables here that greatly affect how this is setup. @franksteiner79 has some great questions that would help us give better advice but I went ahead and answered some of your Q's the best I could!

• "How does Hubspot know when an opportunity/deal is closed won or closed Lost? I assume that requires a manual update?"
    • Out of the box you will need to manually update the deal stage. However if you have access to Workflows and the Set Property Value workflow action then you can setup an automation to close won/lost the deal when a certain event happens. 
  • "Also if I’m reporting on opportunities how does Hubspot track new opportunities from customers who have gone to our website from google?"
  • Am I right in thinking that Hubspot should be used for forcasting but actual sales should be reported elsewhere?
    • If you have Sales Hub Pro or Service Hub Pro then you have access to HubSpots Deal Forecasting tools.
    • For reporting on actual sales, this is possible but you will likely need to install a integration/app that connects your Payment Software to HubSpot. For example, if you use Stripe you can utilize our app, Zaybra, to sync information betweem Stripe and HubSpot. This allows you to create realtime revenue reports, power workflows based on payment information, etc. I would reccomend searching through the HubSpot App Marketplace to see if there is an integration for your software!

Let me know if you have more questions here! 

Cheers 😄

-Jonathan

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

how to use Sales Hub

SOLVE

Hi @CAttwood, hope you are doing well!

Thank you for reaching out!

This is a great question 😊

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @webdew@JonathanS@NicoleSengers   Do you have any tips for @CAttwood ?

Thank you!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

how to use Sales Hub

SOLVE

Hi @CAttwood 

Welcome to HubSpot!

Few questions in order to give you some practical advice.

• What HubSpot subscription tier do you have?
  • What product/service are you selling?
  • What is the sales cycle for your product/service? - would I search, browse and shop or is the process a bit longer? Does the product require a lot of education or is it a quick sell?
  • What is your ecommcerce platform?
  • Is the platform integrated with HubSpot, or are you tracking visitors to your ecommerce site?

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project