Sales Hub Onboarding

edwandersson
Participant

Workflows around Lifecycle Stage

SOLVE

Hello,

We're currently onboarding Sales Hub Professional and I have a question regarding Workflows.

The idea is for our Sales Reps to be using the property Lifecycle Stage to keep better track of Companies that are assigned to them and currently have no deals created on them.

I have already set up the following:

• When a company is created, the Lifecycle Stage is set to "New".
  • When a Deal is created, the Company Lifecycle Stage is set to "Opportunity".
  • When a Deal associated to a Company is won, the Lifecycle stage is set to "Customer".

I'd like to add additional triggers for the following Lifecycle Stages:

• When a task is created AND when there already is a task due, I want the Contact and Company Lifecycle Stage to be set to "Custom".
  • When a contact is enrolled to a Sequence, I want the Contact and Company Lifceycle Stage to be set to "Prospecting".

Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @edwandersson,

Yes, 'Now in sequence is equal to True' and 'Last sequence enrolled date is known' can be used interchangeable here.

It's unfortunately not possible to see why a contact unenrolled from a sequence, hence also my request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Last-sequence-unenrollment-reason/idi-p/698149

This makes updating a contact status based on a sequence outcome tricky, unfortunately.

My main recommendation to you would be: Do not update the Lifecycle stage property for this purpose. It's really not meant to be used this way. It's meant to track the progress of a contact through the customer journey. The completion of a sequence does not say much about how a contact is doing that. Again, I would encourage you to read this and stick as closely to it as possible: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything-and-Panel/AMA-Demystifying-HubSpot-s-lifecyle-stage...

What you're trying to do sounds more like it should be documented in Lead status, not Lifecycle stage.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

HI @edwandersson,

Regarding tasks, it's unfortunately not possible to check whether a contact is associated to two tasks which match different criteria. In workflows, you can only check whether the contact is associated to one task with specific attributes:

karstenkoehler_0-1665745047926.png

For the sequence, you can use 'Last sequence enrolled date is known' as a workflow enrollment trigger.

(Not having the entire context of what you're trying to achieve, I'd recommend reviewing this article and sticking as closely as possible to the default. This will make working with other HubSpot tools much easier: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything-and-Panel/AMA-Demystifying-HubSpot-s-lifecyle-stage...)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
edwandersson
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for the quick response.

Could the following workflow work for triggering a specific Lifecycle Stage when a contact is enrolled to a Sequence?:

edwandersson_0-1665747865973.png

The only problem I see is that I want the Company/Contact to have their Lifecycle Stage set back to another Lifecycle Stage if the Contact is unrolled from the Sequence, OR if all the steps in the Sequence have been completed.

What's your take on this?

I really appreciate the help.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @edwandersson,

Yes, 'Now in sequence is equal to True' and 'Last sequence enrolled date is known' can be used interchangeable here.

It's unfortunately not possible to see why a contact unenrolled from a sequence, hence also my request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Last-sequence-unenrollment-reason/idi-p/698149

This makes updating a contact status based on a sequence outcome tricky, unfortunately.

My main recommendation to you would be: Do not update the Lifecycle stage property for this purpose. It's really not meant to be used this way. It's meant to track the progress of a contact through the customer journey. The completion of a sequence does not say much about how a contact is doing that. Again, I would encourage you to read this and stick as closely to it as possible: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything-and-Panel/AMA-Demystifying-HubSpot-s-lifecyle-stage...

What you're trying to do sounds more like it should be documented in Lead status, not Lifecycle stage.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes