Sales Hub Onboarding

Paras
Participant

Unknown Contacts being pulled into my hubspot account

SOLVE

I'm facing a really strange challenge and hoping someone can help me here. Contacts are getting pulled into my Hubspot without connecting my personal email. I'm unable to find a way to pause this data flow into Hubspot. I'm worried it's pulling from all emails received on our domain (everyone's email in the company and not just mine). Is that possible? How do I stop this?

I have only added 6 contacts of my own but the contact list has nearly 300 contacts!

Thanks in advance 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paras,

I have not, then again, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Does that answer the initial question for you?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paras,

Happy to help. Before we start, you might want to remove the screenshot as it contains personal data of contacts who have not consented into their data being shared.

Have you installed the HubSpot tracking code on your website? If so, HubSpot might be automatically picking up non-HubSpot forms: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms

You could check if that's the case by looking at a contact record's timeline (make sure it's not filtered). Do you see a form submission?

If that's not it, can you check the value that these contacts have for the property Original source, Original source drill-down 1 and 2? To do so, open a contact, click View all properties in the left sidebar and search for 'original source'. Feel free to share a screenshot if you're not sure how to interpret what you're seeing.

Generally, contacts usually come in through an integration. Has another user maybe integrated an app with HubSpot?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Paras
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thank you for your note. I will delete the screenshot now.

I have not installed the Hubspot tracking code on our website. I checked the value that on the contacts have for the property Original source and it showed the below:

Paras_1-1668689412165.png

I was trying to allow my gmail server to pick up contacts via emails I send but it didn't seem like that had worked. I have not emailed any of these contacts from my email address (apart from the 6 contacts I added that I have assigned to me). Could it be that somehow has given permission to pick up all contacts from all email addresses on our server instead of just my email? If so, how can I remove that integration?

Thanks again for all your help.

Paras

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paras,

Thank you for your reply – can you please follow the exact steps I posted earlier?

Can you check the value that these contacts have for the property Original source, Original source drill-down 1 and 2? To do so, open a contact, click View all properties in the left sidebar and search for 'original source'.

Please share a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Best,

Karsten

Karsten Köhler

Paras
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thanks - I have done as suggested and please see the screenshot below:

Paras_0-1668690470050.png

Strangely nor me or anyone in our team (I'm the only one currently with a hubspot account) has allowed this integration. The only thing I can imagine is I tried to allow gmail and since my zoom is connected to my gmail, it's pulling from there? I may be wrong but just trying to think of all possibilities of how it's pulling this data. What do I do next to disable this? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Paras

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paras,

If Zoom shows up under Settings > Integrations > Connected apps, then someone must've connected it. This is also where you can disable it. Keep in mind that someone on the team might have integrated Zoom so that it automatically populates meetings booked with a Zoom join url.

If you can rule that out, then the next step would be disabling the integration and seeing if the issue persists.

If you have integrated Gmail and Zoom, I'd recommend reviewing the settings of this integration. I'm not aware of any constellation where integrations between Gmail > Zoom > HubSpot are creating hundreds of contacts but that doesn't mean it's impossible, of course.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Paras
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

This is super helpful - thank you so much.

Here is a screenshot of what I saw under connected apps:

Paras_0-1668692127570.png

Nobody has connected zoom to hubspot from within the team as like I mentioned, I'm the only person using hubspot at the moment to trial the features. I'm more certain that this has been picked via the gmail permission I gave where it picked my google calendar and since my google calender is integrated with zoom, it's picked up zoom too. There is no other way this would have come through since nor me or anyone in the team has integrated zoom with Hubspot yet. Have you noticed anything like this before?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paras,

I have not, then again, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Does that answer the initial question for you?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler