Sales Hub Onboarding

LCorey
Participant

Sales documents - what do you use it for?

SOLVE

Just wondering what people use the "sales documents" for? do you put copies of your product knowledge and sales documents here? or do you put financial or sales peoples figures or documents in here? I personally use attachments in deals to add documents relating to deals (i.e. drawings, scopes etc) and in sales documents we have sales video's and product information.  How do you use yours? (thought about creme egg there, how do you eat yours? 🤣)

Just wondering and would like to know if using it correctly...

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @LCorey, thanks for reaching out! Your use cases are awesome — sales documents work well for pretty much any document that you'd like to share with a specific contact. They're especially handy because you can use the personalized access link to track opens to ensure that the contact has seen the document (more helpful info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article).

Internally, documents can also be used to store invoices, purchase orders, agreements, etc. within a contact/deal record.

I don't think there's really a correct or incorrect way to use them as long as they're easy to access by both your internal team and external clients 🙂

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @LCorey, thanks for reaching out! Your use cases are awesome — sales documents work well for pretty much any document that you'd like to share with a specific contact. They're especially handy because you can use the personalized access link to track opens to ensure that the contact has seen the document (more helpful info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article).

Internally, documents can also be used to store invoices, purchase orders, agreements, etc. within a contact/deal record.

I don't think there's really a correct or incorrect way to use them as long as they're easy to access by both your internal team and external clients 🙂

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature