Sales Hub Onboarding

niederberger
Participant

Products without Price

SOLVE

Hello Together.

I try to add products without a fix price as it changes all the time. If I create a product I have to add a fixed price can this be released and added later where I have to type in the amount by creating a deal with products?

Thank you, Thomas.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Levi
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Products without Price

SOLVE

Ok, but line items are connected to a specific deal and also the line items are connected to the specific quote of that deal. How is the quote created in the 3rd party tool? Via API? If you GET the specific line items of the specific deal you should be able to push the right data to the 3rd party tool. 

More info: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/line-items 

Bureau Vet

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Levi

Products without Price

SOLVE

Hi @niederberger ,

When creating a product, a unit price is a required field in the products and quotes tool. Maybe a solution could be to set the products  first to €0. And once you know the price you can edit the price in the product library. 

You can mannualy change that service/product in the future, so when a similar deal comes in with the same price, you cann pull that existing product. Hope that helps :). 

Bureau Vet

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

Products without Price

SOLVE

Hi Levi. I already tried the 0 option - but it doesn't work. The point is more, that they wanna change the prices on the fly probably alsmost every time a deal is created.

0 Upvotes
Levi

Products without Price

SOLVE

Hi @niederberger , but if you add a product line item to a deal you are able to manualy change the unit price. Make sense?

Levi_0-1647932184510.png

Bureau Vet

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

Products without Price

SOLVE

Thx, but it should be in a deal. Because we want to have deal and based on that a quote is generated in a 3rd party tool (for the next 12 months) and so the person who writes the quote knows the price who got establised from the sales team. Do you know what I mean?

0 Upvotes
Levi
Solution

Products without Price

SOLVE

Ok, but line items are connected to a specific deal and also the line items are connected to the specific quote of that deal. How is the quote created in the 3rd party tool? Via API? If you GET the specific line items of the specific deal you should be able to push the right data to the 3rd party tool. 

More info: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/line-items 

Bureau Vet

niederberger
Participant

Products without Price

SOLVE

Thank You. Awesome.