Sales Hub Onboarding

CharlotteJ
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

New to the Sales Onboarding community board? Introduce yourself here ‌‌‌⬇️

One of the best ways to learn is by doing and sharing with other new HubSpot Sales Hub users, just like you.

That’s why we’re so excited about this space to learn and grow better together!

To get started, say hello and introduce yourself. Here are some questions you can use for inspiration:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • What do you consider your superpowers?
  • What are you hoping to get out of this board?

You can also find below a recap of all the steps for your onboarding: 

Step 1 - Structure your database

Step 2 - Set up and automate your Sales pipeline

Step 3 - Optimise your day-to-day processes

Step 4 - Analyse your data

Step 5 - Get your team on board

124 Replies 124
PPedrito

hi

SNigam
Key Advisor

Hello everyone I am Shubham Nigam. I am helping HubSpot customers in their HubSpot setup and Implementation and onboarding from last 6.5 years. I am actively helping in this wonderful community and yes I will feel very happy to help more in future. 

RLJ

Hi Shubham,

am new to Hubspot and the community so please forgive if I'm wasting your time. If you could point me in the right direction or answer my questions I'd be extremely grateful or happy to pay if this is how you make your living? Just let me know.

I've just started using Hubspot to manage my Sales CRM and to start building pipelines for my new business (we train low income graduates to be software developers and then find them great jobs).

I've currently got approximately 1500 contacts and 800 companies (although most of them were added by the Hubspot Chrome Plug in that connects to my Gmail). This means that many of the people and companies are not really sales prospects but friends, colleagues, partners, etc.

I've watched a bunch of Hubspot Academy videos and have edited the Lead Status's property to suit my business (and I'll soon categorise all the relevant contacts/companies accordingly). I've also determined the relevant stages of a pipeline for when a company/contact becomes an Open Deal.

However I have a bunch of questions before I go through and categorise every Contact/Company:

-  A lot of the Contacts and Companies stored in Hubspot are just people that the Hubspot Email tool as picked up and added to my CRM but are not potential clients. What property/field should I use to categorise them? Is it the Type property?

- Everytime a contact or a company is added (e.g. by the Chrome plug in) can I prompt or automate something to make sure the contact/company gets categorised correctly (both the Type and the Lead Status)? 

-  Shoud I have different pipelines for different services/training that we offer (e.g. Software Engineering, DevOps, Data Science) or client types (e.g. revenue generating vs non-revenue generating), etc.

- What are common automations for Sales pipelines that would make life easier? E.g. I try to set Tasks at the moment but many of the Tasks are just a reminder to send a chase Email in 3 days. I could write this email in advance and then if the person hasn't responded it should send automatically. Can I do this? 

Thanks a mill for any help Shubham.

Warm regards,

Rich.

almaojp
Contributor

Hola RLJ,

Te contestare según mi experiencia:

- Muchos de los contactos y empresas almacenados en Hubspot son solo personas que la herramienta de correo electrónico de Hubspot recogió y agregó a mi CRM, pero no son clientes potenciales. ¿Qué propiedad/campo debo usar para categorizarlos? ¿Es la propiedad Type?

Opciónes

1. Ve a configuración>General>Correo eléctronico y ahí conseguiras un apartado que dice "No registrar nunca" ahí puedes poner los dominios que no quieres que se registren dentro de tus contactos, en nuestro caso, pusimos los dominios de proveedores e inclusos los mismos nuestros
  2. Crea vistas en tus contactos filtrandolas por propiedades, en tu caso es el ciclo de vida del cliente con ello tendras una vista de lo que realmente te interesa y a final de mes, puedes ir eliminando esos que se cargan automaticamente desde tu correo

- Cada vez que se agrega un contacto o una empresa (por ejemplo, mediante el complemento de Chrome), ¿puedo solicitar o automatizar algo para asegurarme de que el contacto o la empresa se clasifiquen correctamente (tanto el tipo como el estado del cliente potencial)? 

Si te estoy entiendo quieres clasificarla en ese mismo instante, por ejemplo un contacto decir si es un prospecto, cliente, etc, yo te sugiero que pongas las propiedades de tu interes como obligatorias a la hora de crear los contactos y empresas, según sea tu interes

- ¿Debería tener diferentes proyectos para los diferentes servicios/formación que ofrecemos (p. ej., ingeniería de software, DevOps, ciencia de datos) o tipos de clientes (p. ej., generadores de ingresos frente a no generadores de ingresos), etc.

En este caso creo que te refieres a diferentes pipeline según tus productos, ya que estos tendrán diferentes etapas según sea el caso, me explico, si vendes un producto terminado no tendría las mismas etapas dentro del pipeline que cuando brindas un servicio

- ¿Cuáles son las automatizaciones comunes para las canalizaciones de ventas que facilitarían la vida?Por ejemplo, trato de establecer tareas en este momento, pero muchas de las tareas son solo un recordatorio para enviar un correo electrónico de persecución en 3 días.Podría escribir este correo electrónico con anticipación y luego, si la persona no ha respondido, debería enviarse automáticamente.¿Puedo hacer esto? 

En este caso creo que te refieres a programar las respuestas de correo y si las puedes hacer mediante la creación de secuencias, ya que esta permite programarla y enviarla en el día y hora que quieras

Espero haber resuelto tus dudas, de lo contrario sientete libre de escribirme

Saludos!

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Key Advisor

I understand your situation. I have sent you an email and I will try to help you. 

CGriffin9

Hi Im Colm, Im with Hubspot a number of years but didnt log in for a few months.

Tried logging in today and had to reset password.

Got an activation code by email and when I went in it said I had no account. Im after losing all the data gathered it seems. Is there any way I can retrieve it?

Colm

JVijay
Participant

Hi everyone,
My name is Jay and currently working as Marketing Manager at Salasar Agency. Looking forward to knowing everyone.

XT3

Hi, I'm Lily, co-founder and CEO of Liyfe.io.

Do you know that sales reps are spending only 38% of time selling but 15% of time on data entry realted administrative work? Liyfe.io was built to make HubSpot data entry easier and more accurate. Reps can spend less time on data entry and more time to do what really matters.

I look forward to learning more from the community and connecting with you. Please feel free to share with me your feedback, needs, suggestions, etc.

Thanks!

Justdudley
Participant

My name is Dudley and getting updated on hubspot. Loving it so far.

FKhadraoui

Hello, this is Fatima a new salewoman...i agree with your opinion and my fav step is to share with other salereps...

i have created a triangle to achieve my goal...

its base is knowledge via which i can know whts is it all abt 

second part is attitude positive one nd keep enriching my experience 

three nd the top is skills 

which will cone as a resuklt of hard work yup

CeliaLara01
Participant

Hola  Charlote  y a la comunidad,   estoy  muy emocinada por conocer y participar  en lo que pueda apoyarr, Actualmente  soy  respresentante tecnico  de productos quimicos no basicos,  y  me encargo de asesorar  y ayudar al area de mantenimiento de  las empresas  a solucionar situaciones   de mantenimiento y limpieza   industrial  y comercial,   En la zona Sur de Mexico. 

¿Cuáles consideras tus superpoderes?    proceso de ventas,  seguimiento y servicio al cliente,   marketing

¿Qué esperas obtener de este tablero?  conocer , mejorar  los procesos   para superar las expectativas del cliente  desde la atraccion, interes, accion y fidelizaciónEstamos a sus ordenes ,Saludos  y Bendiciones   

Celia Lara 

LReilein

Hello!  I'm Laura at Freestyle Logistics, a small freight brokerage in Vancouver, WA.  I've been working in HubSpot free for about a month or so.  My company just upgraded us to the SalesPro package, and now I'm working my way through my tasklist for my initial meeting with my Onboarding contact.  I'm very good and interested in teaching myself through exploration, so I'm feeling a bit ahead of the curve.  But I'm also finding that I may have incorrectly set some things up!  Whoops!  Nothing so dramatic yet however.  I'm looking forward to learning just how much we can use HubSpot for our business.

MTablada

Hi! I'm Mary.  I work as a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker Realty.  I am working on improving my marketing skills.  There are many things I need to learn, and I  hope to learn a lot here at HubSpot.  I am also hoping to learn a lot from the community! 

Glad to be part of the community!!! 

FlaviaVinci

Hi, I am Flavia, I am a director of Sales & Marketing for Luxury Hotels. I am about to start a new contract with a very nice property in Sardinia (Italy). 

I am very excited about that because it is going to be the first time that I work there and under the brand Hilton. 

I like to stay updated and I am glad to join this community. 

Matt_Collis

Hi, I'm Matt, Co-Founder and CEO of StackGo - we're building apps on the HubSpot Marketplace that make it easier to onboard customers. For example, Identity Checks, Anywhere - verify a HubSpot contact's identity against their government-issued passport, driver's licence, or ID card. In Finance this is known as “KYC” (Know Your Customer), but there are use-cases in many niches like Property Sales, Vehicle Sales, Leasing, Online EducationCrypto or other environments that are prone to fraud. Our app supports 200+ countries and can be installed and tested for free (no credit card req'd). Would love to connect with others in this community about this and learn about any sticking points in their onboarding processes.

MDarnell

Hello all! My  name is Michelle and I am a Sr. Account Manager and also doing some New Business Develpment in the sign manufacturing business. I am a SUPER organizer (but always have room to improve) and love meeting and working with like minded, creative indivuals.  I am hoping to learn how I can improve myself and our business by learning from others, such as you! 

BStone8
Participant

Hi there,

Have you or do you currently use Mindmaps, or MindMeister (my favorite) with your team?

DCompany
Participant

dede

MDarnell

We do not currently use this software, I have not heard of it before actually! 

MKoker

Hello world! Working on kicking off our first implementation! 

SteveMorice

Good Morning.

I'm a Customer Experience Manager. I will be using Hubspot for Sales, Marketing and general fun with CRM. I've come across from another CRM and I'm finding my way around and looking forward to new discoveries. I've been playing with Zapier connections and waiting to get access from HQ to play with Workflows and Emails.

😎