Sales Hub Onboarding

PFogelsanger
Participant

Need to save owner email address

SOLVE

Hi, we're using a 3rd party portal that integrates with Hubspot.  But we need to have a text field that contains the email address of Company owner.  Been trying to figure out how to do this in workflow and all I can do is set a Property to Full Name.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PFogelsanger,

You're correct, this is currently not possible out of the box. You would have to set this value manually for each user with an if/then branch.

If user is user A, set custom property email to "user-a@company.com". If user is user B, set custom property email to "user-b@company.com" and so on. If you we're not talking about hundreds of users, you should be able to complete this within 30 minutes. The downside is obviously that it's not dynamic and you need to add new branches for new users.

For a dynamic solution, Operations Hub Professional would be needed – either using a custom code action that looks up and copies the email address associated with a user or data formatting workflow actions to turn a first and last name into an email address (replace space with ., append @company.com etc.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PFogelsanger
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten.  A bit of a pain to maintain, but i did use the None branch to trigger a Slack Message to ensure we don't miss updating the workflow if there are new Users who own the companes.  

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PFogelsanger,

You're correct, this is currently not possible out of the box. You would have to set this value manually for each user with an if/then branch.

If user is user A, set custom property email to "user-a@company.com". If user is user B, set custom property email to "user-b@company.com" and so on. If you we're not talking about hundreds of users, you should be able to complete this within 30 minutes. The downside is obviously that it's not dynamic and you need to add new branches for new users.

For a dynamic solution, Operations Hub Professional would be needed – either using a custom code action that looks up and copies the email address associated with a user or data formatting workflow actions to turn a first and last name into an email address (replace space with ., append @company.com etc.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes