Sales Hub Onboarding

RPascoryanpasco

Is this possible???

SOLVE

I am a Loan Broker. Usually in CRMs for my Industry we have different types of Contacts. Customers, this is where sales pipelines, marketing and all the traditional stuff works and makes sense. 

Then we also have Lenders. Where we can add the different banks or private lenders that we submit our customers files to. 

So let's say we have Customer1, Customer2 and Customer3. All NG with Lender1, Lender2 and Lender3. 

Customer1 submits an Application, I would need to be able to attach that application inside the CRM along with Bank Statements. Once the full Application is attached, I would then need a way to SUBMIT this deal (email the attached application, and bank statements) to the lenders I choose.... Let's say Lender1 and Lender2. I need to be able to choose any number of Lenders from my Lender Contacts to receive my SUBMISSION on a per deal/application basis. 

Is this possible??? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is this possible???

SOLVE

Hi @RPascoryanpasco,

Out of the box, HubSpot only has the contact object and the company object for this. Right now, records of the same type cannot be associated with each other (although it looks like that is going to change soon). That means that you can't associate a customer company record with a lender company record.

For Enterprise customers, there is an easy fix to this: custom objects. Custom objects would let you define a lender object which you can then freely assign to customer company records.

Without a custom object, managing these associations between customers and lenders becomes a bit harder. You would have to store information about this intended association in a note on the customer object, for example. Everything would be a bit more manual and creating lists, reports etc becomes harder if not impossible.

As far as your use case goes, forwarding the application from a customer company record to lender records, this is not something that HubSpot does out of the box, at least not elegantly. There isn't any option which would let you select the documents of one customer and bulk send them to lenders. You would manually download the documents stored for the customer and upload them into emails about to be sent to lenders.

In that sense, HubSpot has not been built with indirect relationship management in mind. It can be customized to be better suitable for these kinds of use cases but it will usually be an approximation to an ideal process, especially if you don't have objects and don't have the help of a developer.

If you want to better understand what HubSpot can do, I'd recommend the free sales software certification. It gives a very good hands-on overview of what the platform does well.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is this possible???

SOLVE

Hi @RPascoryanpasco,

Out of the box, HubSpot only has the contact object and the company object for this. Right now, records of the same type cannot be associated with each other (although it looks like that is going to change soon). That means that you can't associate a customer company record with a lender company record.

For Enterprise customers, there is an easy fix to this: custom objects. Custom objects would let you define a lender object which you can then freely assign to customer company records.

Without a custom object, managing these associations between customers and lenders becomes a bit harder. You would have to store information about this intended association in a note on the customer object, for example. Everything would be a bit more manual and creating lists, reports etc becomes harder if not impossible.

As far as your use case goes, forwarding the application from a customer company record to lender records, this is not something that HubSpot does out of the box, at least not elegantly. There isn't any option which would let you select the documents of one customer and bulk send them to lenders. You would manually download the documents stored for the customer and upload them into emails about to be sent to lenders.

In that sense, HubSpot has not been built with indirect relationship management in mind. It can be customized to be better suitable for these kinds of use cases but it will usually be an approximation to an ideal process, especially if you don't have objects and don't have the help of a developer.

If you want to better understand what HubSpot can do, I'd recommend the free sales software certification. It gives a very good hands-on overview of what the platform does well.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes