Sales Hub Onboarding

danawjones
メンバー

How to stop tasks from completing when doing something on a different contact?

Hi there,

I've noticed that if I start my tasks for the day, end up on a contact, but navigate to another contact and do a call or email there, it automatically completes the task for the original contact even though I didn't anything to them.

For example, I start my tasks and my first task is for the contact John Doe. While my task queue is still open, I navigate over to contact Fake Namely and send an email. The task for John Doe in the queue bar above automatically becomes completed, even though I didn't do any follw up for John Doe - it's completing based on whatever contact I have in front of me, not the specific contact I need.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't want actions I do for one contact complete tasks for other contacts.

0 いいね!
2件の返信
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Hi @danawjones,

Just to confirm what you're doing and experiencing - you are starting a task queue for contact 1 and navigate to another contact within the same tab? Or are you opening another tab and complete an activity for another contact there?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!
danawjones
メンバー

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thanks for responding! It's all done in the same tab. Here's the sequence of events:

1. I go to the Sales tab in the top menu bar in Hubspot, and select Tasks
  2. I click the orange Start X Tasks, which begins the tasks queue
  3. The purplish/bluish task queue appears at the top of the screen with the name of the contact my first task is assigned to, with the options to RescheduleSkipComplete, or exit out
  4. This also brings me to the Contact page of this first contact, let's call them John Doe - so I have the task queue at the top with John Doe's name and the task for John Doe, and I'm also on John Doe's Contact page
  5. I have to respond to another Contact, let's call them Fake Namely, so I click the <-Contacts option at the top of John Doe's Contact page to go back to my full Contact list, search for Fake Namely, and I click their name
  6. I am now on Fake Namely's page, and the task queue is still up at the top of the screen with John Doe's name and task with options to RescheduleSkipComplete, or exit out
  7. I send Fake Namely an email right from their Contact page, and this action successfully completes the John Doe task in the queue above, even though I did not complete a contact for John Doe and I was not on their contact page

TL;DR: while in the same browser tab, with a single session of HubSpot open, sending an email or calling from Contact A's contact page while you have Contact B's task open in the to-do task queue completes Contact B's open task without actually doing anything for Contact B