Sales Hub Onboarding

CCaffrey
Contributor

Deal Close Date Does Not Import

SOLVE

Hello, I am having an issue with the Close Date being visible while importing Deals. Any time I try to import Deals with multiple associations such as Contact or Company then the Close Date can no longer be associated with the Deal.  It only allows it to be associated with a Contact or Company, rendering it to not actually import into the Deal.

It works just fine if I import a Deal without a Contact or Company associatation. However, this is a problem because I need to associate the Deal with a Contact so I cannot forgo importing without this association.

Please help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CCaffrey,

This looks indeed like a bug. For an interim solution, I'd recommend uploading multiple files instead of one file, as shown in my earlier reply. I didn't experience any issues there. Each file would have to have an identifier column, you can find examples for files here.

As far as fixing the underlying issue goes, are you on a paid subscription? If so, you could reach out to HubSpot technical support via the purple in-app help widget.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
CCaffrey
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Thanks for your reply.  When importing, I am selecting: One file > Multiple objects > Contacts, Deals, & Notes. (Note: I have also tried importing Company & Deals, and only Contacts & Deals, while excluding Notes and the issue is the same as highlighted below)

Screenshot 2022-04-11 142724.png

The issue I am experiencing on the 'map columns' page is the "Close Date" appears to be selectable under "Deal Information", however, when I select this option, the hubspot property icon still reflects "Contact Information".  There is no other "Close Date" value that is selectable within the pulldown. See screenshot below. Does that make sense?

Screenshot 2022-04-11 143221.png

The end result is that the "Close Date" does not get imported. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-04-11 143943.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CCaffrey,

This looks indeed like a bug. For an interim solution, I'd recommend uploading multiple files instead of one file, as shown in my earlier reply. I didn't experience any issues there. Each file would have to have an identifier column, you can find examples for files here.

As far as fixing the underlying issue goes, are you on a paid subscription? If so, you could reach out to HubSpot technical support via the purple in-app help widget.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CCaffrey
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler That worked! Multiple files with an associated did the trick.  Very grateful for the help!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CCaffrey,

In a test import of contacts and deals (imported as two files with association), I can map the Close date fine, see below:

karstenkoehler_0-1649651142434.png

The same works in an import of companies and deals.

Could you please specify what you're experiencing? Is the Close date row greyed out? Does it not appear at all? Which exact steps are you choosing during the import (one file with multiple objects vs multiple files with associations)?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler