Sales Hub Onboarding

MattD
Participant

Adding more deal requirements elegantly

SOLVE

Hi, before I jump into Hubspot and start creating random new properties like a bulgy-eyed Chihuahua I would like to get some community thought on it to see if there is a more elegant solution.

In my line of work (telecoms) bigger deals often have a number of departments/resources getting invovled in a deal before it gets signed. Sometimes just a few, sometimes all of them.

The idea is each deal will have a number of checkboxes to indicate we need that dept invovled along with a free text field for notes along with a start date for when that dept/resource will be needed which the sales person will fill out as and when this info becomes available.

e.g. 

Pre-sales

Project management

Provisioning

Engineering

Training

Billing

Support

My initial plan is to just create these properties, chuck them in on the left or right hand side of each deal in it's own little section of the deal record and it can be referred to easily and I can I also potenially run automation for notifications etc based on the dates.

I think this would work fine but I wondered if anyone had done anthing similar and done it better 🙂

Thanks for your time, 

We have sales enterprise if it helps.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattD,

Yep, this sound like a solid approach. You're not missing anything obvious.

It looks like you're on an Enterprise subscription. If that's a Sales Hub Enterprise subscription, you also have access to required properties when moving deals to a new stage and to playbooks. I'd recommend checking out both features as they might optimize your process.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MattD,

Yep, this sound like a solid approach. You're not missing anything obvious.

It looks like you're on an Enterprise subscription. If that's a Sales Hub Enterprise subscription, you also have access to required properties when moving deals to a new stage and to playbooks. I'd recommend checking out both features as they might optimize your process.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.