Sales Hub Onboarding

oconnor_bb

Adding Webform Submissions as New Contacts

Hello! I am new to the platform, and when I chatted in for assistance they suggested I come in here.

We have a web form (external, from our site provider), and each incoming one is usually a new contact/client (but not always). It comes to a main inbox, then I respond to each of them and it begins one of our processes. I want to log each of these new contacts into Hubspot, so I can schedule follow ups, and get them in the pipeline. I did a test form, and when I replied I included the hello-1 email from the inbox channel to get the information into Hubspot.

However, when it comes in, it logs the webform no-reply as the contact each time, though I am not sending anything to them. The recipient is the contact from the form, and then I BCCd the hello-1 email to add the conversation to Hubspot.

I read through some knowledge articles, and chatted in, but was unable to gain any insight into how to achieve this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding Webform Submissions as New Contacts

Hello @oconnor_bb, thank you for posting in our Community, and welcome to HubSpot! 

Are you currently adding the " hello-1 email" in the email property on the form? Or did you just Bcc'd the emails? Currently, the logged email will automatically be associated with the recipient's contact record.  When logging emails using the BCC address, HubSpot will create a new contact record for anyone CCed on your logged email. However, when a recipient is BCCed in an email, the email will not create a new record, and if the recipient exists as a contact, the email will not be logged on their existing record. if you manually use the BCC address in an email client without tracking, this will only log the email on a contact record in HubSpot. This will not allow you to track opens or clicks on your emails.

( More information here).

I wanted to share this knowledge base with more details on how to use non-HubSpot forms.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes