Sales Enablement

JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Who has the clearest hero statement?

We’ve learned that a hero statement is as much about who you DON’T want to business with as who you do. Few brands are brave enough to put their hero statement front and centre. Who does it boldy?

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a Hero Statement lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

24 Replies 24
LuisUlcueCampo

It definitely takes tame and effort to know how to tell people what you are able to do and what you're not able to do. Well structured phrases should help us do that, we don't want them to see we are not capable of doing other things. As others sai earlier on we must explain what we are best at so they can have a good understanding and tell others we are the best at... (what we do).

MMUNTZ
Contributor

Allowing ourselves to admit that we can't be all things to all customers is a hard but much needed step.

Being all to all takes away from selling what we are great at and opens up less than doors.

CDibben
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Did it take you a while to narrow down your niche @MMUNTZ? I guess it must be so tempting to just work with anyone who has budget but you're right - it strips away your ability to focus on what you're best at!

0 Upvotes
JonPayne

I really like the running shoe brand Hoka. I don’t know their hero statement but I have to imagine it is along the lines of “Hoka is a hero to active people who have sore feet.” They attracted me with the sore feet bit!

They’ve built a challenger brand based on providing super light shoes for runners and hikers with amazing levels of cushioning for your heel and sole of the foot. 

Also - I have to shout out Noisy Little Monkey - we get best results for clients when we partner with them for a year or more and bullet point one on our Lead Generation Service page tells you it’s a 12 month retainer. We’ve got a lot less time-wasters wanting to endlessly discuss the strategic options for the side hustle they haven’t even started yet. Nice!