Sales Enablement

JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Presenting your pricing on your website.

It’s a tough question - often there are many in the business who don’t want to publish pricing and sometimes there are good reasons not to, how do you choose if you should share your pricing online? And if you do, how do you display it on your website to generate the most leads / sales?

*To learn more about this, check out The Power of Content in Sales lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

28 Replies 28
SRCHAUDHURI
Contributor

From an IT services company perspective, displaying a quote on the website probably is going to be bizzare and a massive failure because of the complexity of the solutions and their relevance to the customers.

JonPayne

Horses for courses, I guess - but one of our clients (who provides IT support) does this in an interesting way to get lots of traffic to their website which they nurture through to prospects using HubSpot..l

HDilmen
Participant

If you have quality service and you want long-term relations with partners you should have transparent pricing. So prospects could trust you before jumping on a sales call.

fcommunicatio
Contributor

Very good 

LuisUlcueCampo

I think the 3rd image is mostly focused on smaller companies for which they can create specific stickers with specific prices, while the other 2 give the appearance that they're larger companies with no problem about saying what their expectations are, it seems to me: "these are our prices, you can buy our product if you want, if not is alright". That's my thinking.

JLeach7

Hi Jon. What do you think the answer is when you have outcomes based pricing? E.g as part of a service you provide? 

JonPayne

Good question @JLeach7 - Can you give me an example of a service / outcome? I think I get what you mean but a bit of clarity would really help! 🙂 

JonPayne

The way moo.com do this is simple, effective and super optimised.

Here’s how they present the price of their stickers on the category page…

JonPayne_0-1625064647989.png

Note “from $13.99” on the Round Stickers on the left.

And then here on the product detail page, they highlight a slightly higher price for a larger quantity. 

JonPayne_1-1625064717139.png

I wonder what percentage of their orders they’ve converted at the higher order level, since they did this?

See also Gong. They don’t have the pricing displayed but check out the little chat bot in the bottom left - looking for pricing is probably a pretty high intent action for a visitor to be taking, so even though they don’t show you their fees, they will connect you immediately to their sales team. Impressive!

JonPayne_2-1625064786197.png