Sales Enablement

HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

Implementing the six-pack Lead Qualification Framework from HubSpot Academy

Hi Sales Enablers! 

If like me you are a fan of the rich source of guidance in HubSpot Academy, you have probably completed the Sales Enablement Certification course from @KyleJepson and the team.

I find it valuable to share the six-pack Lead Qualification Framework from that course, with other HubSpot users I am assisting. It looks basically like this:

hubspot-hand-raisers.png

This then begs the question "How can we best implement that in our HubSpot Portal?"

Like anything in HubSpot, there are multiple ways you can approach it, using combinations of tools like lists, lead-score and workflows.

Here is a method that has served me well, it groups leads into the six-pack and you can arm workflow triggers to jump to attention so that the right leads are served with the right level of sales team engagement and urgency.

Implementing the Six-Pack Lead Qualification Framework in HubSpot

1. Segment Good-Fit / Bad-Fit leads, using ICP Smart Lists
  2. Subsegment the ICP lists into an active list per lifecycle stage
  3. Use only Fibonacci Numbers (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55) in the HubSpot Lead Score Property **
  4. Treat Lead Scores of 50+ as Hand Raiser and 20+ as Sales Ready
  5. Populate active lists to represent each box in the Six-Pack Lead Qualification Framework
  6. Trigger sales workflows for Good-Fit Hand Raisers, Good-Fit Sales Ready and Bad-Fit Hand Raisers

** I love using the Fibonacci sequence as it mimics nature so is easier to use gut feel when allocating points value to an action.

With targets of Sales Ready 20+ and Hand Raiser 50+ it aligns well, as you will reach Sales Ready 20+ with:

• 20 x 1 point actions
  • 10 x 2 point actions
  • 7 x 3 point actions
  • 4 x 5 point actions
  • 3 x 8 point actions
  • 2 x 13 point actions
  • 1 x 21 point action
  • or any combination of the above
  • And use 55 for instant Hand-Raiser

This is just my own back of the napkin model for implementing the Lead Qual six-pack.

I'd love to learn alternative approaches too.

Anyone up for sharing and discussing?

cheers

Pete

3 Replies 3
JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Pete, this is brilliant! I'm so sorry I missed it way back in October! The Fibonacci sequence is something I've used when putting together points based pricing in the past but I think your use of it here is way more appropriate! Would you be up for joining one of the Sales Enablement Office Hours in January to have a chat about this? We need people with your kind of mind 🧠😁

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Love this, Pete! I think the one thing I would add is that some actions (like requesting a quote or scheduling a consultation) should bypass any lead scoring and insantly label someone as a hand-raiser. But I like the way you've organized this, and it's never occurred to me to use Fibonacci in leading scoring--super interesting!

HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

Thanks Kyle I completely agree

Where the prospect has taken a decisive action such as requesting a quote or scheduling a consultation - we normally give that a Fibonacci "55", an instant hand-raiser - so we escalate them to the Good-Fit or Bad-Fit Hand Raiser 

0 Upvotes