Sales Enablement

JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

How do you sense-check your goal?

You’ve clarified your vision and done your research but you’re still not quite 100% ready to share it with your team. See some of the methods professionals like you have used to check if their goals are achievable, and maybe share your goals and see if others think you’re going in the right direction.

*To learn more about this, check out the Aligning Your Teams Around a Unified Revenue Goal lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

67 Replies 67
llopez52

ds

0 Upvotes
gcallejasviva

😊

0 Upvotes
alannarhodes
Contributor

This happens to me all the time. I come up with new ideas every single day, and they all tie into one another. I generally store and share them as I continue to hone and research them. 

I sense-check by researching the news, fact-checking, and checking on ethical considerations. If I am still not 100% ready to share with my team or the general public, I save it and remind myself to revisit my Google Docs and folders later. I generally do this by utilizing Google Calendar. 

Plus, I realized that the more research I do, the more people I talk to and interact with, the more knowledge I gain. Most of us are messes in our 20s because we don't know how all the moving parts of the world work together. Your ideas will make more sense as you gain wisdom, and you can better share them. 

0 Upvotes
LPJ

Reverse math.

Audit was has been closed won, understand deal size, calculate how many reps and see what is truly attainable. If you were to add more leads to that by 20-30%, that is your goal. You can also have an overarching goal.

0 Upvotes
ArturoBorjasV

Toma el control de la propuesta e investiga con los distintos departamentos para realizar una buena comprobación del objetivo 

0 Upvotes
mdendulk

You can sense check your goals by breaking down the progress in smaller milestones/stages.  Can you accomplish __ in this amount of time.  Also by looking at previous years accomplishments you can gauge with system improvements how much more capacity do you have and does it align with your goals.

Skriner

Engage the people responsible for hitting the goal to weigh in on what "audaciios" might look like in reality 

HAshri
Participant

Absolutely! My goal is to assist and provide information to the best of my abilities. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or ask about, feel free to let me know

0 Upvotes
MukhtarMeer
Contributor

Break it down into realistic strategic goals over multiple time frames and discuss goals with a business and performance coach. 

0 Upvotes
Aeliesjimenez
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I'd check with other departments to see how much but in I have before setting the goals 

0 Upvotes
MuhammadMateen

I'll consult with other departments to assess the available budget before finalizing our goals.
ABozhinovski
Contributor

Well, we at MAGE believe that is reasonable to reach 1500 donors by the end of this year, from 593 we currently have. It's going steadily, as we expected so we are just fine with that. Now revenue goal is something else...

lydiagrime
Contributor

My goal is to Increase Monthly Active Users (MAUs) by 20% over the next quarter.

PMakuza

If i truly believe my vision is going to revolutionalize the way things are done in our company. Thw WAY i usually approach such scenarios is by sharing with my closest teamates, those who can't judge. The reals ones if I can say. These kinda people don't hesitate to let you know if your vision/goal you want to present to the squad lead are effective or trash. Once I get approval form these people, most of the work is already done. I continue to the people to the people I can identify as lower power, High interest( they are always eager to learn ,even though they do not posses higher roles/convincing power), These people mostly ask challenging questions, Once I find that my vision acquired a pass from these people. Lastly, I challenge people that have a higher power, Higher Interest(Managers, Marketing/sales Directors,.etc..)

BSundaram11
Participant

A company's top-line objective is revenue generation, and Sales is responsible for making it a reality. Sales enablement is the process of ensuring that the micro-tasks involved in creating a presence in the target market to setting up a direction for the Sales team to build its sales funnel, thus ensuring that Sales enablement is deliveing to Sales objective. My sense check will be about all those micro tasks to make it happen for sales from Sales enablement deliverables. As mentioned by quite a few earlier, it will involve the historical and current analysis of the Expected Vs Achieved goals and investigate areas that allow room for improovement. This would need colloboration with all departments invested. Right from Production, pre-sales and posts sales functions. 

KDomínguez

Reviewing the data during the process, measuring the result that the different actions give us and later we will be able to know if we are taking the right path and if our goal will really be achieved based on the objectives 

ALovato

I'd check with other departments to see how much but in I have before setting the goals 

PMoss
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

For me, a big part of this is to look at the numbers. Checking historical sales and service delivery numbers is important to be able to understand what is really possible with the resources at our disposal. There's no point in setting ridiculously lofty goals without determining what's possible with the resources to hand, especially if the business is not open to making the investments necessary to deliver the goals.

Numbers to review will include some or all of the following:

- deal values, deal profitability

- deal values delivered per team / per rep

- sales cycle time

- Lead to MQL - SQL - SAL - Opportunity identified - Proposals issued - Deal WON / LOST

- analysis of where potential deals are getting stalled in the sales process

- what effect positive tweaks to conversion rates will have on deal-win ratios

- market size

- competitive positioning

Going through this analysis will help to set realistic goals. 

AKarmiol

Review historical data, consult with your team, benchmark against competitors and consider external factors like economic conditions, changes in consumer behavior, or changes in TAM size/ demand.

LBJR
Contributor

Mainly to every month you check are we further or closer but another question we would ask is this REALLY the direction we want to go in like are we sure and we make sure were in agreement for speed sake