Sales Enablement

JonPayne
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

How do I create an SLA when I don’t know conversion rates?

Not all of us have access to a complete data set to be able to calculate our conversion rates to set an SLA between marketing and sales. Join the discussion to get advice on how to create your SLA based on industry estimates.

*To learn more about this, check out the Holding Your Teams Accountable With an SLA lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

62件の返信
TSavvy
メンバー

As per my understanding, customer persona and consumer data are key assets when dealing with service level agreements to reach a desired conversion percentage based on leads created by the marketing department! For example, a website with tracking cookies may be able to track consumer behavior on the website itself to see the percentage of customers interested in particular product or service based on CTA clicks and pages visited! Eventually, one should be able to create a SLA based on consumer data without knowing the conversion rates! This way the marketing department will create appropriate number of leads that the sales department can use for conversion!

0 いいね!
CLobo1
投稿者

Without a clear conversion rate or ratios, starting with estimates can be difficult. Consider these stages: Website visitors to qualified leads, leads to sales opportunities, and Opportunities to wins. Each of these has a conversation percentage to calculate and also creates a marketing and sales accountability funnel, starting with a target number of website leads to how many were converted into closed revenues.

It’s fair to get estimates from industry standards, but these standards may not give you a good baseline as your company (sales people, campaigns, content, marketing systems, etc.) will certainly differ from industry standard.

Historical data on conversion rates per stage is ideal, but if this is unavailable, then industry standards can be a guide. But be cautious - if your company deviates from the industry standard, again those standard rates might not apply.

In such cases, waiting 4-6 months to gather actual conversion data is a wise approach. Once you have some data to work with then rollover those percentages or rations each month to take the averages and get your SLAs working after the 6-month period. This concept is similar to a zero-based budgeting in finance, as this allows marketing to build calculations from scratch and then refine them based on ongoing performance.

0 いいね!
chaitany2x
メンバー

Industry estimates are a good place to start but, as you build you data set, use that to tweak estimates based on your product lines, customers, and then eventually conversion rates.

0 いいね!
LBarbozaRey
メンバー

The  best solution will implement industrial standerds for reference 

0 いいね!
Dip1
メンバー

To utilise industrial rates for reference is a good idea too

0 いいね!
DanielaZepeda
メンバー

I havent create one yet, im still learning but Iám really happy about that.

0 いいね!
JD11
メンバー

Important is to define clear objectives, establish lead qualification criteria, set response time expectations and agree on communication channnels

Susan11
メンバー

Use industry benchmarks or standards as a reference point.

0 いいね!
DMondal7
参加者

use industrial standerds for reference 

0 いいね!
MukhtarMeer
投稿者

The best solution would be to involve key players and generate best guesses which should be as accurate as possible. This would be a good starting place to evaluate performance before moving forward.

Songster
メンバー

I would first do a one-time clean-up of the data look at all the closes that are available and make the best estimates on how they closed - align this with market averages/management expectations on the closing rate. Next and equally as important infrastructure and tracking must then be put in place to track this e.g. spreadsheet, CRM.... 

0 いいね!
sambaker
メンバー

It sounds like the best thing to do is come up with some guesses around the ideal patterns and lead value, put in the infrastructure, and start measuring. This way you can iterate toward something more sophisticated 

RBousnane
メンバー

I typically begin with an initial educated guess based on my experience and keep the SLA flexible until we have established and stabilized conversion rates.

0 いいね!
参加者

get new leads from outdoor.  

0 いいね!
KFigor
メンバー

I usually start with a logical estimate based on my experience and leave the SLA as a living document until conversion rates are known and stablized. 

0 いいね!
ABozhinovski
投稿者

Well, I contact the teams to take those data.

Then you must set up a tracking

...and after a while, let's say a month...the first conversion rate a showing up

Quality of data rises as time go by

0 いいね!
JMcDermott6
投稿者

No- we are currently working to calculate this.

0 いいね!
nefer
参加者

1. Get feedback from your team to estimate conversion rates
  2. Start measuring data and tracking conversion actions that map to business goals
  3. When you get enough data, you can start to check your assumptions from step 1 and fill in with real data to start creating more accurate SLA's
Abs-Machin
参加者

Would start with a prime guess, but give a time space(Half a year) to gather valuable data that can help build the kind of info that would lead us to the conversion rate answers.

As we know that RevOps needs good data to be able to make scaling work, the required systems or platform and the cooperation of the people(Marketing & Sales) as major players here to make the data gathering and analysis a success inline with well defined processes can make us hit the goal of building a conversation rate template that would guide the development of a functional agreeable SLA

0 いいね!
ApoZadeh
メンバー

SLA with zero conversion intel! 

Worse case scenario i would set down and crunch numbers.  Gathering data for the last 30 days of customer interaction. Check form fills mailbox, compile all in one place, check the finance department maybe for all invoices issued in the timeframe (i know they might be more than 30 days converted but paid in the last 30),. 

Divide overall form fills/ leads with closed deals (everyone knows the deals you close if your not big enough, since every customer matters for the little guy) 

thats a conversion rate there (better than nothing) 

Now guestimate any adjustments to the ratio itself based on leakage, friction and force. 

secondly, right after im done with this ill make double sure that theres infrastructure for data to exist so there will be no need to guesstimate in the near future. 

Create a prototype SLA and shoot on it, while waiting for the accurate metrics to pile up the coming weeks/months