Sales Enablement

RSiddula
Top colaborador(a)

Handing duplication in HubSpot

Hello All,

I am Ravi from Brussels, nice to meet you all. I am presently working as a Technical operations analyst in one of the start ups. I have an issue with the duplications in Hubspot.

Problem:
Whenever any company joins in my platform, somehow a huge amount of duplications are crating for some companies. I have no idea how to handle this, I am actually merging the companies manually but it is a temporary solution , I just want to find out the root cause and then fix it. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this, it would be really helpful for me. Please do let me know, thanks for the community.

8 Respostas 8
JonPayne
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

Hi @RSiddula - it looks like @kvlschaefer has given you some really useful suggestions but if you're still having problems, do let me know and I'll see what else can be done. Want to make sure you're looked after as you're part of the Sales Enablement group 🧡

0 Avaliação positiva
RSiddula
Top colaborador(a)

Thanks for the reply @JonPayne   I just want to check with you about the deduplication tool which I can use at HubSpot to handle the duplicate data. Do you have any recommendations other the below deduplication tools,

1. Insycle

2. deduply

3. PowerSpot 

Please let me know if you have any recommendations @JonPayne , that really saves a lot of time. Thank you

0 Avaliação positiva
JonPayne

Can I clarify a few things @RSiddula?

1. How did the duplicate companies occur? E.g. Imported file, or via an API.

2. Approximately how many companies are in HubSpot?

3. How many duplicates?

Thanks - that will help me get my head around the problem. 🙂

0 Avaliação positiva
RSiddula
Top colaborador(a)

Please find the details below,

1. Via an API ( Our Dev team is working on this)

2. Around 0.6 Million plus records (companies alone)

3. There are 0.1 Million duplicate records available at HubSpot 

JonPayne

OK, so pretty big numbers and going up, I presume, if the API connection is pumping more in every day?

Let me have a think and get back to you tomorrow, if that's OK? 

RSiddula
Top colaborador(a)

Sure @JonPayne , looking forward to hearing for the best solution

0 Avaliação positiva
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @RSiddula,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to HubSpot Community! 

When a new company is added, HubSpot looks at the Company domain name property value to deduplicate companies as outlined by this article: Deduplicate companies by company domain

It sounds like there may be companies without a company domain name, which in turn leads to duplicate companies. I would recommend running an audit on your team's company imports to make sure the company domain name is included for each company. If your team is updating company records, you'll want to make sure they are adding the object ID for each company record. 

I also wanted to refer you to this thread regarding deduplicating companies. @karstenkoehler and @GeorgeBThomas offer some helpful tips on how to manage duplicate companies! 

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
RSiddula
Top colaborador(a)

Thanks @kvlschaefer, I will look into it.