Sales Enablement

JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Engaging your buyer personas on social media

There’s many benefits to finding your personas on social media - from understanding what’s topical to learning how they describe their problems and even reaching out to start the relationship. Join the discussion to share ideas on how to find and meaningfully engage with your buyers on social media.

*To learn more about this, check out the Using Buyer Personas in Sales lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

33 Replies 33
alannarhodes
Contributor

We can meaningfully engage with our buyer personas on social media by being ourselves and practicing honesty. Buyers know when they're being sold and when they're not. By providing engaging, educational, open, and honest content, the buyer can make their own purchase decision without being told to do so. 

0 Upvotes
Odyssey_A
Participant

Having a mix of comments you are leaving on other people's social media posts along with your own content is a great way to build conversations rather than have people feel like you are always just talking "to" them rather than "with" them.

0 Upvotes
MukhtarMeer
Contributor

Share in thier interests and have fun being part of the conversation of a user not a seller. Brands need to be part of their niche, selling a solution not the only solution. 

0 Upvotes
SJBerry1

Be where they are- the groups, interests, conversations they have. If you engage in the niches they are engaged in, you'll learn more about your buyers than ever before.

0 Upvotes
Uchenna365
Participant

Working in a k-12 industry, I understand that my user personas ( learners) are not on social media but their buys (parents) are...

So the best way to engage with all stakeholders ( parents, teachers, education consultants) is through physical visits.

However, there are low percentage of our users and buyers we get to interact with on social media. so what we've decided to do is design a cadence to gently push them to WhatsApp to have those important conversations. 

LBJR
Contributor

Depending on your industry etc ofc. I think the best way to engage any buyer personas really anyone on social media is to just be genuine when communicating regardless of the various media channels people can sense and smell bs from a mile away so the more genuine you are the better the energy you put out the better the engagement you get back in return.

Agentdelaney
Participant

Depending on product, industry and persona, I feel LinkedIn and Instagram are the largest "bang for your buck."  If you are honed in on your persona and ICP, these two channels can lead to efficient and productive outreach where you can meet your buyer in a space that they use the most often - social media

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Whichever way you want to end up communicating with your ideal buyers, you have to find them somewhere - and social media is that place. Unless of course, you get referrals through the words of mouth. 

Having mapped out your ideal customer profiles and buyer personas, they are not there for you to be looking at 🙂 You need to find these people, connect with them and engage them in a delighting manner. 

You'll know where they are and spend their time from your research. Comecting with them and engaging them let you create a demand which gives you a favorable positioning. That's good for you. After all, your mission is to help them, and eventually, sell to them.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

WafaBenHassen
Participant

Hi @JonPayne ! Very interesting topic! 

I think that once you identify your buyer persona, the first step would be to create links that will help you start conversations with them later.

On social media, you can create links by achieving small actions like engaging with their content through likes, comments, and shares. It is also crucial to create/content that is relevant for them and that will allow you position yourself as a thought leader in their field.  These actions will help you get noticed by your buyer personas and open the door for more meaningful interactions when they are ready!
Of course, last but not least, it is essential to maintain human interactions that are oriented towards your target's interests and not yours.

AAdemuyiwa
Participant

I can't agree more with you @WafaBenHassen . From experience, I have found creating relevant content and engaging with those who interact (like, comment or share) with my social media posts to be an efficient way of generating qualified leads. 

FKhadraoui

YOU NEED TO BRIDGE THE GAPS BY BUILDING TIGHT RELATIONS WITH UR BUYER PERSONAS GET TO TO KNOW THEM BETTER SO YOU SERVE THEM, BETTER AND KEEP THEM ALONG WITH U LONGER 

0 Upvotes
igod
Participant

Social media ia a gold mine. For me the first step is knowing which social media platform to dig. It will ease the the stress of creating a cluster you may want to interview or generate leads from. For example, you may not be actively looking for a B2B customer on Instagram compared to the viability on linkedin. i believe with this, it will be a more focused approach to creating a buyers persona.

DTrujillo

Reviewing personas on social media can also lead you to find out what's important to them. What type of content are they engaging with, what companies do they align with and follow. Which can then help you create additional targeted marketing/sales outreaches on where your product or service aligns with their intersests or challenges and point out the areas you can help solve.

0 Upvotes
JoeBurchard
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Authenticity is the key to social media - sounding 'corporate' will turn a prespective client into a lost deal.

CristinaM1

Absolutely!

0 Upvotes
AGulino
Participant

Identifying profiles would be the first step to then build the individual personas in that group. Being in B2B, also helps reviewing personas job application from real world to find there resposibilities, and use that as well as social media to get certain launguage and wording that best resembles there everyday speech. Using key words they use daily to help bridge the gap and build rapport quick.

carias
Top Contributor

I think that the best way to engage with our customers is heard  them and working together to find the best solution for their problem or question

ARubbani
Contributor

I am so looking forward to developing and deep diving into this exercise of ideal customer profiles and the buyers persona within each category or company. 

Interestingly the business sells to borh B2B & B2C customers - very exciting!!

NitinMeta
Contributor

Its critical these days to not sell sell but rather to educate and be a thought leader who draws out clear content of real life pains and attaches statistics to it. Prospects love authenticity and eventually this is what builds a following where people value whats put up on social media. A solid and long term way to anchor the brand.

DHeron
Participant

I found in my career that you represent the brand. So if you are a cool, the company is looked at with better light. People are actually more likely to be interested if you are cool with you online persona and weave in your company brand.