Sales Enablement

JonPayne
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Engaging your buyer personas on social media

There’s many benefits to finding your personas on social media - from understanding what’s topical to learning how they describe their problems and even reaching out to start the relationship. Join the discussion to share ideas on how to find and meaningfully engage with your buyers on social media.

*To learn more about this, check out the Using Buyer Personas in Sales lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

33 Replies 33
SRCHAUDHURI
Contributor

Most important is to identify the customer profiles that needs targeting. Once thats done, I guess the next step would be to look for specific people within that profile who are talking about challenges and issues that they are wanting to solve. These insights probably would be available in certain peer groups where people find it comfortable sharing concerns and heartburns.  

JonPayne

Makes sense, @SRCHAUDHURI 😊 Because I'm in B2B, I tend to use LinkedIn and Twitter to reach out to prospects, often searching bios en-masse with Sales Navigator (LinkedIn) and FollowerWonk or Sparktoro (Twitter) to identify a long list and from there, drawing up a short list of useful contacts.

May I ask what tools and networks you use the most? 

0 Upvotes
RNASCIMENTO

I worked as freelancer market analyst for a fell customers last year and found this persona generater.   its in portugues.... but if you click start u can fallow and undertand the hole information needed to build an accurate profile, you can even chove a fictional picture of a real person to represent your. personas... https://geradordepersonas.com.br/ 

JonPayne

Wow - I missed your post, @RNASCIMENTO - apologies! My Portugese is bad but as far as I can understand that looks like a very helpful resource 👍

Thanks for sharing! ❤

0 Upvotes
fcommunicatio
Contributor

Godds ones 

0 Upvotes
SPartlo

For me, it is finding those decision-makers and really identifying on either LinkedIn or Twitter (where my customers tend to spend their time) what is important to them. A lot of times people will look for a job posting or reference to the role they have or job they are working on. Obviously, these are all good things, but I also look for things like sports they played or like, past jobs they had when they were just starting out, schools they went to, or even recommendations given or received.  All of this information can help you get a conversation started which then allows you to start asking questions to build out your ideal customer profile.

JonPayne

@SPartlo wrote:

I also look for things like sports they played or like, past jobs they had when they were just starting out, schools they went to, or even recommendations given or received.  All of this information can help you get a conversation started which then allows you to start asking questions to build out your ideal customer profile.

This is brilliant - I bet this really helps built rapport, @SPartlo? Do you bring any of that background you've found into HubSpot? Would there be any value in that for a sales team, do you think?

CDibben
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I like that appraoch @SPartlo - a good way to strike up an engaging conversation beyond their job role. It's a more unique way to start the conversation - great suggestion. Thanks for sharing.

LuisUlcueCampo

As SDRs we are to search for those leads who can become prospects as our marketing and even sales members reach out to them. We have quick traits we can look at to determine whether that person or company is the one we are looking for: do they sell that product that relates to our software platform (meal prep in our case)? Are they located in Europe, America, Middle East? And also when was their most recent post?

CDibben

How do you begin looking for those people on social media @LuisUlcueCampo ? And what social media platforms are the most successful for your business? I find that LinkedIn and Twitter are best for us but appreciate it will be different for different industries.

UDAS24

There’s many benefits to finding your personas on social media - from understanding what’s topical to learning how they describe their problems and even reaching out to start the relationship. 

CDibben

I like to use HubSpot's social listening tool to monitor what our personas are discussing and join in the conversation, when relevant. I then add those people to lists on Twitter (Twitter being an important channel for our agency) so that I can keep those people on my radar and continue to have meaningful conversations with people who are more likely to engage in our content.

JonPayne

Here's a useful LinkedIn process from Katie Roberts, Client Development Manager and sales LION at Noisy Little Monkey:

Using SalesNavigator, I’ve made various lists of our buyer personas (one list for management level, one for c-level / directors, etc).

Then I spend 20 minutes or so per day sending connection requests to people on those lists (though I know you can scale this with tools like LinkedIn Helper, but I prefer to keep it authentic).

After that I upload a video to my timeline that’s (hopefully) both entertaining and informative and answers one of the questions I hear from buyer personas just like them on my sales calls.

Oddly enough this rarely results in any direct business from those I connect with but has led to quite a few referrals from their connections.

0 Upvotes