Sales Email

scottnemiro
Participant

replies from a forwarded email end up back in hubspot

SOLVE

Ok so this is dificult to describe so bare with me.

Someone emails are sales team about a custom design. 

We forward the email to our designer at design@[webdomain] **this is an alias address inside their personal gmail 

The designer opens the forwarded email in their gmail account, copies the customers email address. replies to the email and replaces the sales@[webdoamain] email with the customers

the customer recieves the email reply just fine and this includes the orignal message.

They reply back to the email from design@[webdomain], but the reply never reached design@[ebdomain]. It ends up going to sales@[webdomain] in hubspot. 

is there a way to stop this from happening? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
scottnemiro
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

i have fixed this issue!

so the email that we use as our customer support email was set to check and import emails from the design@[domain].com email address as well as my personal email was too. So if the customer service email would check the alternate email addressses before my personal email would, those would go to sales. 

What a pain! User error for sure. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
scottnemiro
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

i have fixed this issue!

so the email that we use as our customer support email was set to check and import emails from the design@[domain].com email address as well as my personal email was too. So if the customer service email would check the alternate email addressses before my personal email would, those would go to sales. 

What a pain! User error for sure. 

0 Upvotes