Sales Email

Neil27
Participant

"Contact: Next activity date" in Templates

SOLVE

I need to send emails that include the date of our next meeting (not booked using the meeting tool). Templates can include the field "Contact: Next activity date"

How do I format this field? At the moment it's something like 1/6/2021, which is ambiguous. I'd like it to be "14:30 on Tuesday 1st June 2021".

How do I add the time to this field? An event reminder without a time is a bit unprofessional.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Neil27,

Date properties in HubSpot do not include a time of the day, unfortunately there aren't any date and time default formatting options either. (There would be solutions using HubSpot's new Operations Hub and custom code in workflows.)

Without a custom solution, the time of the day would have to be stored in another single-line text property. Which meeting tool are you using, how is it integrated with HubSpot?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Neil27,

Date properties in HubSpot do not include a time of the day, unfortunately there aren't any date and time default formatting options either. (There would be solutions using HubSpot's new Operations Hub and custom code in workflows.)

Without a custom solution, the time of the day would have to be stored in another single-line text property. Which meeting tool are you using, how is it integrated with HubSpot?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Neil27
Participant

SOLVE

I'm using Google Calendar and Calendy. But I can't conceive of any tool being useful without a time.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Neil27,

Thanks for your feedback! I would encourage you to upvote this related idea to add timestamps as a property type to HubSpot: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-Timestamp-as-a-property/idi-p/214294 

The solutions proposed by @karstenkoehler by either creating a single line text property and utilizing it as a personalization token in your follow-up email, or using Ops Hubs and Custom Code would be the best way to go for now. 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes