Sales Email

KoentD
Participant

possible bug: Filter on open conversations per team member

SOLVE

Hi, 

I think I found a bug. But if not I am happy to learn what I am doing wrong. 

Problem: 

- I would like to see open mails assigned to team members. 

How do I check this?: 

- In the inbox I click on the magnifier to go to the filter page.

- Here I set the filter to the team member I want.

- Next I select open in  the status filter.  

Bug: 

The open conversations in the filter page, do not add up to the open conversations in the inbox screen. In the inbox screen the number of open conversations is much less than in the filter page view. How is this difference possible?

Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KoentD!

I apologize for the late response. To make sure you don't miss any incoming emails you receive to your connected inbox in Conversations, I recommend to regularly check the Email inbox in Conversations, with the filter option "Open" selected: that will show you all incoming emails that haven't been closed by users yet. Messages that have already been read will appear gray, new unopened & unread emails will appear white. 

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 11.56.22.png

You can't further refine the filter options there to filter the conversations by assigned users - to do that, you would need to use the Search tool, which shows both incoming and outgoing emails. You unfortunately don't have the filter option "incoming / outgoing emails" in the Search tool, but as you've mentioned in your 2nd question, outgoing emails and user replies to incoming emails are marked with the "outgoing" arrow. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KoentD
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mia, 

First of all sorry for my late reaction. I did not noticed your reaction earlier. 

Your description of the problem is spot on. That is exactly how I noticed the difference. 

Your reason for the difference is very clear. 

Users are responding to new incoming emails both via conversations but also via the contactperson/company/deal view and clicking on reaction in the email in the actiity thread.

I understand giving a reaction to an e-mail, no matter where you are in Hubspot, conversations or elsewhere, will open the conversation. 

And as you say:

Via the search tool all open conversations (incoming and outgoing) are shown. But via all conversations only incoming are shown. 

Knowing this let me refine my problem statement: 

I would like to see open incoming mails assigned to team members.  

Why --> I want to be sure we answer all our incoming mails.

Two questions: 

1) Is there a possibility in the search tool to filter on the different types of open conversations?  incoming and outgoing ?  That will fix my problem.

2) How else can I notice the difference in open conversations? Is the yellow  arrow in the screenshot below an indication? : (screenshot of conversation screen)

KoentD_0-1621318185843.png

Thank you, 

Koen.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KoentD!

I apologize for the late response. To make sure you don't miss any incoming emails you receive to your connected inbox in Conversations, I recommend to regularly check the Email inbox in Conversations, with the filter option "Open" selected: that will show you all incoming emails that haven't been closed by users yet. Messages that have already been read will appear gray, new unopened & unread emails will appear white. 

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 11.56.22.png

You can't further refine the filter options there to filter the conversations by assigned users - to do that, you would need to use the Search tool, which shows both incoming and outgoing emails. You unfortunately don't have the filter option "incoming / outgoing emails" in the Search tool, but as you've mentioned in your 2nd question, outgoing emails and user replies to incoming emails are marked with the "outgoing" arrow. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

KoentD
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for this explanation.   🙂 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KoentD,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Just to make sure that we're referring to the same functionalities I wanted to include a few screenshots: 

When you're in the tool Conversations and check all open Conversations here: 

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 17.10.07.png

the number of conversations is smaller than in the Search tool, where you filter open conversations by users? 

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 17.15.37.png

If yes, I think I've found the reason for the difference in the number of open conversations.  While the folder "All Conversations" only shows open incoming conversations (incoming emails, chats), the Search tool in Conversations also shows outgoing emails/conversations that were created by the user by clicking on "Compose" in the top left corner in the Conversations inbox. You can recognize outgoing emails by the text "Conversation created from email via [team email address]":

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 17.19.21.png

Have the users been creating and sending new email threads in Conversations? If yes, you will also see those as open conversations in the Search tool. 

Hope this helps. 

Mia