how to change the shared inbox email?

SOLVE
Highlighted

I am using CRM Free and thus only have one shared inbox possible. I want to change the email address associated with the shared inbox. But there is no way to do this.

I can't delete the existing one and create a new one, because there must be at least one shared inbox.

How can I get this done?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi All,

There was a known issue within HubSpot earlier today that impacted users' abilities to disconnect their conversations inboxes. 

This issue has been resolved now, so you should be able to disconnect your team email (the Gmail/Office/etc. hosted email) by following the steps outlined here: 

First try first reconnecting your emails to Conversations. Be sure to click the Done button at the end of the connect flow.

Then once it is fully connected, you can then delete it again from within Conversations by clicking Delete here:

_thumb_190944.png

And you should be able to connect it again.

The inbox is different than the team email, so while you cannot delete the inbox, you can edit the settings associated with it, and you can change the email address associated with the inbox. 

The inbox is the hub for all of your communications (chat, email, etc.), while the email address is one stream of communication that can come into the inbox. You can change what email address is associated with your one inbox. 

If you have any issues after following those steps, please let me know. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
16 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @pancharatna,

Are you encountering an error when you try to delete your currently connected group inbox? You should be able to delete that inbox and then connect a new one.

If you can share screenshots of what error you are seeing when you try to disconnect/delete the original one that would be great.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,

I have the same problem, I accidentally connected my personal email address as a shared inbox, and now I cannot delete it, the button is grayed out: "There has to be at least one inbox connected to conversations. As this is the only inbox connected right now, it can't be deleted until another inbox is added."

Could you please help me with this?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @csababalazs,

If you disable the inbox first, are you then able to delete it? 

If you are getting stuck following these steps can you please send along a video/screenshots of where you are getting stuck? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,

I've tried to find where to disable the inbox, but could not find any info.

I have attached the screenshot from the settings page.

Settings.pngUnable to delete inbox

Thank you,

Csaba

0 Upvotes

I'm having a similar problem.

I set my personal email up as the shared team email.  When I tried to delete it, it said, 'no you need at least one shared inbox connected,' okay, so i created another email acct, added that as a shared acct and then tried to delete and add my personal acct to the personal inbox.  But it says and is still showing enabled with no option to disconnect or Delete.... any ideas??

Screenshot 2018-11-20 18.53.33.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@crosen can you please follow the same steps and navigate to the settings for your inbox to see if you have the option to delete the extension from there? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @csababalazs,

Can you please navigate to conversations>inbox>settings (in the bottom left hand corner)>email and then disconnect the email from there? If you do not see these options can you please send along screenshots of what you do see?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Could it possibly have something to do with the "Create Inbox" option being a paid service, but we're using the free CRM? When I click manage inboxes it takes me to the image i've linked - it shows there is an inbox created by an unknown user... maybe the inbox our accounts are linking to cant be deleted because we dont have access to see it? Just spitballing because i'm having the same issue as well.hsmeial2.png

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Unfortunately there is no Disconnect option, no matter where I look.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

All I see is:

Conv Inbox Settings.pngConv settings

Once I click the Inbox, I get to this screen:

Conv Inbox Settings - Email Settings.pngInbox settings

There is no way to disconnect my personal inbox? Maybe it's as @AdamOE suggested, if we are on a free account we cannot add another Inbox, and since there needs to be at least one inbox connected to the Conversations, we are stuck?

Anyone's help is much appreciated!

Best,

Csaba

0 Upvotes
Visitor

@jennysowyrda Edit* fixed

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@AdamOE@jennysowyrda: Yupp, it's exactly the same on my side.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

@jennysowyrda So I was right? Excellent, you can upgrade my free account to professional for beta testing whenever you'd like Smiley Very Happy

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @jennysowyrda. Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible, we are literally stuck at the moment, not being able to setup our sales team until we figure this out.

Thank you,

Csaba

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi All,

There was a known issue within HubSpot earlier today that impacted users' abilities to disconnect their conversations inboxes. 

This issue has been resolved now, so you should be able to disconnect your team email (the Gmail/Office/etc. hosted email) by following the steps outlined here: 

First try first reconnecting your emails to Conversations. Be sure to click the Done button at the end of the connect flow.

Then once it is fully connected, you can then delete it again from within Conversations by clicking Delete here:

_thumb_190944.png

And you should be able to connect it again.

The inbox is different than the team email, so while you cannot delete the inbox, you can edit the settings associated with it, and you can change the email address associated with the inbox. 

The inbox is the hub for all of your communications (chat, email, etc.), while the email address is one stream of communication that can come into the inbox. You can change what email address is associated with your one inbox. 

If you have any issues after following those steps, please let me know. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Thanks @jennysowyrda worked like a charm - editing previous posts to remove personal information.

0 Upvotes