gmail import only partially working

New Contributor

Hi Community, I am new to the HubSpot Free CRM, but cannot get started as my contacts will not import from gmail correctly. I use CONTACTS, IMPORT, START AN IMPORT, GMAIL, email+all-contacts+name and confirm, but I only get 978 or my 11,740 gmail contacts arriving in Hubspot. What could be the problem? I am not aware of any import limit.  

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Hey Bobbye, don't believe there is any limit here so I would just open a ticket with them.  So you are aware, we also have a tool that brings in the contacts and also brings in the emails, in case you want them as well.  If you can't get resolution, we can see if we can help you next week.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks .. but am I able to open a ticket with Hubspot if I am only a FREE CRM user? I could find no way to do this, so I asked the community instead.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Good question and I don't know.. if you see the help button on lower right part of your screen, then click and it has the 'Contact Support' option, believe it should but now you have me interested... we have many customers that use the gmail tool, both HubSpot's and ours, and haven't seen this issue before.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

HELP only allows me to "Search the Knowldge Base" or "Ask the Community". No tickets allowed. :-(

0 Upvotes

My email is darren@trujay.com, if this is still unresolved on Monday please reach out and we will help you sort it out.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor
With more research .. I'm suspecting that HUBSPOT only IMPORTED contacts from gmail which had email addresses!! It turns out that much of what I had in gmail had (somehow) lost the email address when I imported them from CVS/VCF files.

So I think the answer is .. we will only import into HUBSPOT from GMAIL, any contacts with email addresses.

Funny how this was never mentioned during the process. Might be something Hubspot can check out and add to their docs/scripts for this feature?

0 Upvotes