Sales Email

LDecant

connecting email & calendar

2 bugs 1) connecting the email for my colleague to her account (xxx) 2) allowing me to connect both email and google calendar (for xxx). 

My email adres "xxx” is hosted by a hosting provider called Combell. 2) My google account is an account that has this same email address, “xxx” as the account name. When I connect the email address to the email setting in hubspot his part works.

However, this part does not work for xx, we tried everything. 

In addition, I experience the following issue: 

When I want to now connect my Google Calendar via the google account “xxx", it logs me out of the email section and wants to take this google email as email also in HubSpot. What your devs now need to do is make sure it is possible to not have these 2 connected so I can actually add google calendar as well as still sync my email account from Combell.

It will be either that issue that needs to be resolved or it could always be something else also.

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LDecant,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

I've removed the email addresses from this post as they are considered sensitive information. 🙂 

In order for us to be able to look into this issue your colleague is encountering, we'll need the following information, please: 

1) Which inbox connection did your colleague select? Office365, Microsoft Outlook, Gmail. or IMAP?

2) If the connection is via IMAP, can you confirm their inbox meets the IMAP requirements

3) Can you please take us through the steps your colleague has taken to connect their inbox?

4) Are they seeing any error messages?

5) Which troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? 

In regards to your second question, are you looking to see if it's possible to sync your Combell account/calendar with HubSpot? The calendar sync feature supports Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar. This is mentioned in this help article.  If you have a Gmail account with a Google Calendar, you'll be able to connect it to HubSpot. 

The more information and technical details you can include on the issue your colleague is encountering, the better the community can assist with the next steps. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
BBroothaerts

Hello @kvlschaefer

I'm the colleague of Lissa experiencing the problem with both email and calendar. 

I will provide the information: 

1) IMAP with the following info: 

2) yes it meet requirements (I can also say that my other company Troom we have the same mail hosting and a separate hubspot account and there it does work for connecting email so its a random bug)

3) We enter the email, then select other, then under the advanced we add the correct IMAP and ports and also allow all SSL (this worked the first time for me also) 

4) its giving us the error that the password is incorrect but this is not possible, we triple checked and even changed password in combell to try again and be 100% sure.

5) we checked all the online material been in contact with sales people from hubspot even tried calling. This will be something a dev needs to look at. 

In addition to not being able to connect the mailbox there is still the issue of not being able to connect to google calendar after I do this.. 

Hope you can help us resolve asap s my sales team wants to start using. 

Regards, 

Bart 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BBroothaerts,

Thank you for this additional info. It's very helpful! 

I looked into this with our internal support team, and we are seeing an unauthorized error which could mean for one of the following reasons mentioned in this help article. We do not have more insight into the error from our end as this is related to your email client. 

If the troubleshooting steps in the linked article above do not resolve the issue, the next step would be to contact your IT team or email administrator to see if they have additional insight from their end as to why HubSpot cannot connect to your account.

Once you have resolve this connection issue with your IT Team or Email Administrator and deemed if your email should be connected via IMAP, Exchange or another server, I would recommend trying to connect your email again and the calendar. 

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
BBroothaerts

Dear Kristen, 

I don't see how this can be an issue on our end if for my other company (with the same email provider, it did work) and also if it worked at first for me but then not for my colleague. 

In addition, I'm still trying to find the solution to connect the google calendar also, this for sure must be a bug in the system, no? 

I will attach a video showing what happens in this wetransfer link: https://we.tl/t-TuBFLoZkXS

The error says to contact support..Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 13.48.41.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 13.48.29.png

Regards, 

Bart

0 Upvotes
BBroothaerts

I reset my password with combell and this worked for me but not for my colleague, I could connect mail, but now still, the calendar is impossible to do; this for sure is something wrong in Hubspot that it probably doesn't allow a custom email to be connected and then a google calendar connection at the same time..

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BBroothaerts,

Thank you for the video and additional updates. 

In regards to the calendar connection: 

Can you please make sure the account portal has been selected for your connected? Please follow the steps here to make sure you have selected your portal: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/manage-your-hubspot-sales-extension-settings

Can you try that out and connect the calendar again? If that doesn't work, can you tell me a bit more about your email client set up? It's my understanding you have an IMAP connection with a Google Calendar? Is that correct? 

I apologize for the IMAP issue, however HubSpot has very limited visibility into the reason why the IMAP connection is not failing. We are only able to see the unauthorized error I'm afraid. I would recommend having your colleague work with your IT Team or Email Administrator. 

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you regarding the calendar connection.

Best.

Kristen

0 Upvotes
BBroothaerts

This did not work as I'm not even using the sales extensions. I just made the connection without any extensions.   Your link speaks about settings regarding sales extensions right? 

My email connection to hubspot is xxx@unova.io that has been setup with the custom IMAP and SMTP. 

Now I want to connect Google calendar from the same account xxx@unova.io 

(keep in mind this means that the email hosting is not from google but combell) 

now hubspot when I connect the google calendar it logs me out of the email connection and still gives error so basically it just breaks and gives me the error in the video. 

Regards, 

Bart 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BBroothaerts,

Thank you for the additional information, and for troubleshooting with me. 

I wanted to check the picked portal as it was showing an alert on our end. 

Can you try to set up the Google bi-directional sync with your newly connected inbox and Google calendar, please?

Here is a knowledge base article that explains how to set up the sync. Can you please let me know if you're able to set up the calendar sync successfully so we can take a look at the calendar tool?

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
BBroothaerts

But you are saying bi-directional sync for calendar AND INBOX. but I don't want the inbox from google to sync. I ONLY wish the calendar to sync. The inbox needs to keep sync with my combell hosted inbox. 

The video I sent you shows that I am trying to set up the calendar sync and that it gives me an error so I don't know what else you want me to do? It gives me the same error every time even though it is approved on googles calendar side. 

Regards, 

Bart 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BBroothaerts,

I apologize for the late reply! I'm checking in here as my colleague is OOO. 

I've had a look at your email connection and our support tool is still detecting a an error with the IMAP connection.

I've noticed that you have access to technical support; could you please contact our support team via your HubSpot account for real-time assistance? That'd be the best next step. Thank you for your understanding!

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings