Sales Email

AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi, 

I have sent emails from my laptop app, but can not find them in the HubSpot sent folders?!

Can you help with that please

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

That is correct and expected behavior. Even if you connect your personal email, HubSpot will not automatically log all emails sent from your personal inbox.

If you want sent emails to be logged, you need to send this email from within HubSpot, using the BCC address or from Gmail with the Chrome extension installed. Emails from your Mail app will not automatically be logged.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

The forward address does not necessarily have to be copied, it should be the sole recipient of your email. HubSpot will then look at the sender of the forwarded email – that's the contact record the email will be logged to. Can you confirm that this is where you're looking?

If this post has helped clarify things, I'd appreciate it if you marked this post (and earlier ones you found helpful) as a solution. Thank you!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi, 'Further to the previous message. 

I have also, copied the email address for "forwarding them from my personal past emails to HubSpot", but can not see them in HubSpot?

How/where can I view these emails please?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

The forward address does not necessarily have to be copied, it should be the sole recipient of your email. HubSpot will then look at the sender of the forwarded email – that's the contact record the email will be logged to. Can you confirm that this is where you're looking?

If this post has helped clarify things, I'd appreciate it if you marked this post (and earlier ones you found helpful) as a solution. Thank you!

Karsten Köhler

AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi, 

Is it better to connect my email as Shared Team so that I can see the emails that are sent and received? 

Because there is no notifications that tells me this email is received or sent on HubSpot unless I access it on the record or on personal email outlook.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

HubSpot has designed conversations inboxes specifically for team channels, e.g. a team email address. Technically it's possible to connect your individual email address in that part of the tool, however you won't be able to use the same email address for your personally connected inbox anymore. (You won't be able to send emails from any record in HubSpot anymore.) That's why I would not recommend it.

Generally, HubSpot is not trying to give you a fully-fledged inbox experience within HubSpot. The expectation is still that you're using your Outlook inbox (with the Outlook HubSpot Sales extension) along with HubSpot.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

I have seen it on "Contacts" tab under the sender name, but I replied to it within the HubSpot and do not see anything in the "Convseation" tab under the Sent items 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

That is again correct and expected behaviour. Emails sent from your personal inbox only show up in records, not on the conversations inbox.

These are separate tools. The conversations inbox is for shared Team channels and email inboxes, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/use-the-conversations-inbox

Hubspot does not have a Sent or Inbox folder for your personally connected email inbox.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi, 

So in this case, what should I do if I received emails from customers? How can I keep record/track them in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

There is a forwarding email address for this purpose. You can learn more about it here:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

I have attached a screenshot where the BCC extension is added automaticly to my Outlook inbox. but again nothing received in my HubSpot

de.jpg

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

Have you also added an actual recipient in the "To" field? If you add an email address, the contact record with that email address will have the logged email.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Of course I have added a receiptens and have sent many emails. 

But again and again nothing received in HubSpot!!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

Have you made sure that the activity feed on the contact record is showing emails? (See the filter options at the top)

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi Karsten , 

But the received emails do not show up in HobSpot either?!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo

Received emails will only show up in HubSpot if they are replies to emails sent from within HubSpot, with the BCC address or one of the extensions, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/log-email-replies-in-the-crm

If an email is not a reply (and not sent to a conversations inbox) it will not show up in HubSpot. This is also expected behavior.

(Don't shoot the messenger.)

Hope this clarifies things!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

Could you share some more context? When you say laptop app, are you referring to a connected personal email? Or a connected teams channel?

Are you you sending these emails from within HubSpot or another email client? If it's from an email client, have you installed the Google Chrome, Outlook or Office 365 extensions?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AKlisharo

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi,

I sent emails from the Mail app in my laptop.

Yes I have installed the Chrome extension. And connected my email to HubSpot.

But as said, whenever, I send emails from the Mail app or any other app outside the HubSpot – it does not show up in the Sent folder in HubSpot nor in the contacts

If I send emails from my mobile phones mail app – will these emails be available in HubSpot as well?

It seems to be I do not receive any out/in emails done from outside HubSpot.

Can you please fix this as soon as possible.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

can not find sent emails

SOLVE

Hi @AKlisharo,

That is correct and expected behavior. Even if you connect your personal email, HubSpot will not automatically log all emails sent from your personal inbox.

If you want sent emails to be logged, you need to send this email from within HubSpot, using the BCC address or from Gmail with the Chrome extension installed. Emails from your Mail app will not automatically be logged.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes