Sales Email

JAlexander27

bounces from sequences

SOLVE

Hello!  When I send another sequence to contacts that I have sent to before...it informs me that the sequence won't send to some (unsubscribed and bounced)...BUT these contacts do not have a Hard Bounced reason.  

Why have they bounced?  And how come I cannot see a bounced reason?  I want to know what to do with these and how I can filter them into a list.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

bounces from sequences

SOLVE

Hi @JAlexander27,

To begin, you cannot send any type of email to contacts who have unsubscribed from your mailing list. You can filter such contacts into a list by going to "Lists" -> "Create a list" -> "Contact-based" -> "Active List". Under filter, use "contact property" and then "unsubscribed from all email is equal to True".

For the bounces, there are a lot of reasons why a contact may bounce. However, HubSpot disables a contact that has bounced globally from receiving further email communications. Check this resource about Email bounce Types to learn more.

Let me know if this helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

bounces from sequences

SOLVE

Hi @JAlexander27,

To begin, you cannot send any type of email to contacts who have unsubscribed from your mailing list. You can filter such contacts into a list by going to "Lists" -> "Create a list" -> "Contact-based" -> "Active List". Under filter, use "contact property" and then "unsubscribed from all email is equal to True".

For the bounces, there are a lot of reasons why a contact may bounce. However, HubSpot disables a contact that has bounced globally from receiving further email communications. Check this resource about Email bounce Types to learn more.

Let me know if this helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JAlexander27

bounces from sequences

SOLVE

Hello!  And thank you for your response.  Yep, regarding the bounces, I know that Hubspot disallows further emails to be sent...but I do not seem to be able to get a list of these and delete them.  Because there is no actual Hard Bounce Reason, but they DID infact, bounce.  So how can I get these in a list to delete?  I just happen to see that there are plenty of bounced contacts that will not go out when I try to enroll them in a sequence...  I hope that makes sense???

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo

bounces from sequences

SOLVE

Hi @JAlexander27,

Yes, you can create a list of hard-bounced contacts so you are able to delete them from your account.

Watch this video to do this.

Please tag me in your response so I can come back to you if you have further questions.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo