Sales Email

EnrickDeMunter
Participant

automatic email when meeting date has passed

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a question, I am new to hubspot and during my interneship i have to work with it. But i want to know how i can send a notifications to a deal owner when the meeting date has passed. The deal owner than has to move the deal to another deal stadium. 

If the deal owner hasn't done that i would like to be able to automatically move the deal to another deal stadium. this after 3 days approximately.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Enrick De Munter

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
EnrickDeMunter
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

yes, i have acces!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
PMason0

SOLVE

Hello Enrick,

Working with HubSpot can be a valuable experience during your internship! To set up notifications for deal owners and automate deal movements based on meeting dates, you can use workflows and custom automation in HubSpot. Here's a step-by-step guide to achieve what you're looking for:

1. Create a Workflow for Deal Owner Notifications:

• Go to your HubSpot dashboard and navigate to Automation > Workflows.
    • Click on "Create workflow" and select "Start from scratch".
    • Set enrollment triggers to "When a deal is created or updated".
    • Add a "Delay" action to wait until the meeting date has passed.
    • Then, add a "Send email" action to notify the deal owner that the meeting date has passed.
    • You can personalize the email to include details about the deal and instructions for moving it to the next stage.
  2. Automatically Move Deals After a Certain Period:

• Create another workflow with enrollment triggers set to "When a deal is created or updated".
    • Add a "Delay" action to wait for approximately 3 days.
    • Use a "Check property" action to verify if the deal owner has moved the deal to another stage.
    • If the deal hasn't been moved, add an action to automatically change the deal stage.
  3. Custom Deal Stage Automation:

• In your HubSpot account, go to Sales > Deals > Settings.
    • Create custom deal stages that align with your workflow. For example, you might have stages like "Scheduled Meeting", "Meeting Completed", and "Deal Follow-Up".
    • Set up your workflows to trigger based on these custom deal stages.
  4. Testing and Optimization:

• Before deploying these workflows, it's essential to thoroughly test them to ensure they function as expected.
    • Monitor the workflows regularly and make any necessary adjustments to optimize their performance.

By implementing these workflows, you can automate notifications to deal owners when meeting dates have passed and automatically move deals to another stage if they haven't been updated within a specified timeframe. If you encounter any challenges during the setup process, feel free to ask for further assistance!

0 Upvotes
LouiseHare
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @EnrickDeMunter ,

Yes, this can be done with a workflow. I see you've tagged your post as Starter - is your HubSpot a Starter Account? Unfortunately workflows are only available from Professional onwards.

Let me know if you do have access to workflows and I can show you how I would do this.

Thanks,

Untitled design (5).png

Louise Hare she/her

Freelance HubSpot Expert

Book a Consultation

If my reply helped to answer your question please mark it as a solution to make it

easier for others to find! 

0 Upvotes
EnrickDeMunter
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

yes, i have acces!

0 Upvotes
LouiseHare

SOLVE

Great!

Just to note that for this workflow to work the meeting will need to be associated to the Deal record. Is that the case?

Ok so firstly create a Deal-based workflow.

For the enrollment trigger you want to filter on an Activity property.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.32.23.png

Select the Meeting Outcome property and select the value Completed (you might also want to include No show, that depends on how you want this flow to work).

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.33.29.png

If there tend to be multiple meetings associated to a Deal you will want to filter this down further, maybe using Meeting Name.

You can then add a notification action to send an alert to the Deal owner to update the Deal stage. 

Then add a Delay action of 3 days followed by a branch that checks if the Deal Stage has been updated in the last 3 days.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.40.45.png

If it has been updated the workflow can end, if it has not you can add an action to automatically update the Deal Stage.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.41.44.png

Hope this helps to answer your question!

Untitled design (5).png

Louise Hare she/her

Freelance HubSpot Expert

Book a Consultation

If my reply helped to answer your question please mark it as a solution to make it

easier for others to find! 

0 Upvotes
EnrickDeMunter
Participant

SOLVE

ok i succeeded thank you!

but now it doesn't delete the deal emmediatly from the list even though the date has passed. Does it just take some time for the system to work or am i doing something wrong?

thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes