Sales Email

adminc

Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

SOLVE

15.PNG

I don't know how to solve this.

This happens with all emails that I try to send.

Does anyone know why?

2 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

SOLVE

Hi @adminc,

The error message indicates that your mail server is allowing HubSpot to submit the email, and prepare to send it - but then, the mail server fails the email due to "550 5.7.708 Service unavailable. Access denied, traffic not accepted from this IP."

In other words, the server is saying, "Because this email was relayed to me from an unknown IP (HubSpot) I won't send it out." This happens because your IT team (or whomever is in charge of your email servers) has placed strict security requirements upon who can send email out of the server.

Next steps will be to loop in your IT team to have them take the necessary actions to allow HubSpot to send emails through your email servers.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
ChrisIMA
Solution
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

I just finished working through a resolution of this issue. I contacted support at Microsoft and also spoke with support at HubSpot. 

We integrated Office 365 Inbox for the Sales Emails, but were receiving the NDR for the 5.7.708 error.

It turns out that it was an issue with the reputation of the IP address issued by Microsoft for our mail server. We could still send emails through Outlook, but any email sent through HubSpot Sales generated an error.

We had recently created our Office 365 account, so our "tenant" account was new, meaning we had a low reputation to start, as is typically the case with new accounts until they're "warmed up".

Resolution from Microsoft:

Microsoft support ran a diagnostics repair action on the IP I provided (which I discovered by conducting a message trace in Exchange on the failed email).

"The reputation issue is happening for new tenants where licenses were just provisioned and to resolve it, the diagnostics I ran yesterday usually resolves it." -Microsoft Support

Ultimately, this did turn out to be an issue on Microsoft's end this time, but they worked quickly to help me resolve it.

I thought I'd share this since I've seen quite a few people experiencing this same issue. Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Alsmail02

SOLVE

this happened to me as well..

Try going to settings

then intergrations

then email intergrations

then hit the Hubspot Extensions tab

now download the email extensions or add ins that coraspond with your email account..

even if you did this already.. try it again..

Hope it Helps

Respectfully

Assisted Government Acquisitions, llc

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @adminc,

The error message indicates that your mail server is allowing HubSpot to submit the email, and prepare to send it - but then, the mail server fails the email due to "550 5.7.708 Service unavailable. Access denied, traffic not accepted from this IP."

In other words, the server is saying, "Because this email was relayed to me from an unknown IP (HubSpot) I won't send it out." This happens because your IT team (or whomever is in charge of your email servers) has placed strict security requirements upon who can send email out of the server.

Next steps will be to loop in your IT team to have them take the necessary actions to allow HubSpot to send emails through your email servers.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Maisha

SOLVE

How can the IT team undo the security requirements? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Maisha,

I believe they are able to edit in the email settings if any security was set up there, otherwise, the email server team will be the best resource.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ChrisIMA
Solution
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

I just finished working through a resolution of this issue. I contacted support at Microsoft and also spoke with support at HubSpot. 

We integrated Office 365 Inbox for the Sales Emails, but were receiving the NDR for the 5.7.708 error.

It turns out that it was an issue with the reputation of the IP address issued by Microsoft for our mail server. We could still send emails through Outlook, but any email sent through HubSpot Sales generated an error.

We had recently created our Office 365 account, so our "tenant" account was new, meaning we had a low reputation to start, as is typically the case with new accounts until they're "warmed up".

Resolution from Microsoft:

Microsoft support ran a diagnostics repair action on the IP I provided (which I discovered by conducting a message trace in Exchange on the failed email).

"The reputation issue is happening for new tenants where licenses were just provisioned and to resolve it, the diagnostics I ran yesterday usually resolves it." -Microsoft Support

Ultimately, this did turn out to be an issue on Microsoft's end this time, but they worked quickly to help me resolve it.

I thought I'd share this since I've seen quite a few people experiencing this same issue. Hope it helps!

michalozo

SOLVE

What exactly have Microsoft done? I have the same problem, showed Microsoft your response, but they seem to be unable to do anything about it.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @ChrisIMA!

0 Upvotes
ApexBizAdvisor

SOLVE

This answer definitely got me on the right track with IT!  But they said they needed additional information.  Here is specifically what they asked for from Hubspot.  Can this "SPF record" be provided?  Thanks!

"In order for Hubspot to send on behalf of Office 365 the SPF record needs to be put into the domain.   Contact Hubspot, and have them generate one for you.  Once you have it, you can call us back and we will show you where in the DNS to input it. "

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ApexBizAdvisor,

The ability to retrieve SPF records requires access to the Domain Manager tool (Domains & URLs), which is only available with certain subscription levels.

If you have access to the SPF records, you will see the Domain Manager tool in your portal.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
talyaherbal
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same problem. I added IPs from Hubba to sender.office.com to delist. However, it didn't work. 

It was working two days ago but suddenly I started receiving this message. Since my subscription level is free, I can't get SPF records. Do you have other suggestions?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @talyaherbal,

If you do not have the domain manager included in your subscription, the best option would be to follow up with your IT team or email provider for next steps.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes