Sales Email

AEdge

Work flow and Sequence integration

SOLVE

Hello,

I need help building a workflow that is based on a static list. The list contains prospects that will be sent 3 clustered sequences with 3-4 actions in each. The problem I am having is that the first sequence fires through the activities fine. For some contacts, it skips one of the sequences and goes to the third.

AEdge_0-1649690815560.png

AEdge_1-1649690926240.png

Wondering if someone can help me troubleshoot this. Not sure why they are enrolled in the 3rd sequence if the second has been completed yet.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AEdge,

You could adjust the delay in the workflow to match the length of your sequence. That would be the easiest fix.

However, I wouldn't recommend chaining multiple sequences like that. Sequences are meant to stop whenever a recipient replies. With multiple sequences, you would enroll a contact into a sequence again, although they might've replied to the first sequence already. It would be a safer option to create one master sequence instead of queueing multiple ones.

If you want to send a longer series of emails, regardless of whether a recipient replies or not, automated marketing emails might be a better option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AEdge,

How long are these sequences? Do they consist of one email only? If a contact is still enrolled in a sequence when the delay in your workflow is over, that might cause the issue as contacts can only be enrolled in one sequence at once, see here.

Also, HubSpot imposes fairly strict limits for sequences. For one, a maximum of three emails can be sent per minute, see here. Depending on your subscription, there is also an overall limit for sequence emails, see here.

Can you double check whether you hit these limits? The workflow action history might provide some error messages:

karstenkoehler_0-1649698511375.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
AEdge

SOLVE

Hey Karsten thanks for the reply to answer your first question: no, they have 2-4 actions with a business day delay in between.

From the action data, I see that you are correct about the workflow creating an error due to contacts can only be enrolled in one sequence at once... Is there any known workaround?

AEdge_0-1649699452585.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AEdge,

You could adjust the delay in the workflow to match the length of your sequence. That would be the easiest fix.

However, I wouldn't recommend chaining multiple sequences like that. Sequences are meant to stop whenever a recipient replies. With multiple sequences, you would enroll a contact into a sequence again, although they might've replied to the first sequence already. It would be a safer option to create one master sequence instead of queueing multiple ones.

If you want to send a longer series of emails, regardless of whether a recipient replies or not, automated marketing emails might be a better option.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

AEdge

SOLVE

Thanks for the help!

0 Upvotes